Minnesota Wild @ Seattle Kraken, Saturday 11-13-21, 9:00pm, Climate Pledge Arena

MNSOTA

2 hours ago, Tomdog said:

what did hartman do to be punished by playing with greenway and pitlick

This was my favorite post of the night.
At first I'm thinking how much the Wild Brass respect Hartman to command that line and then to see how it worked with 1 of his line mates. 😎
No way anyone could've predicted this.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Solid win.  Great game for 16 and 38.  We need to get our Top Players to play more consistent and figure out what to do with Gaudreau and Greenway - they just don't add anything.  It was also not a great game by Duhaime and others.  Great to win when your big guns contribute nothing.   Talbot played pretty well too, but it IS the Krakpipes in their 'social justice jacka$$' arena...🙄😒

Agree. Practically it was a 16 and 38 show for this game. The rest players were most of the time non creative. And in shots we were less too. 21 vs their 30.

5 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

This was my favorite post of the night.
At first I'm thinking how much the Wild Brass respect Hartman to command that line and then to see how it worked with 1 of his line mates. 😎
No way anyone could've predicted this.

That was a real surprise for anyone even for Pitlick himself. I just listened his interview after the game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

We need to get our Top Players to play more consistent and figure out what to do with Gaudreau and Greenway - they just don't add anything.  

My feelings exactly.

Every player on this team has had a very good game at some point or another.

They have had some bad games as well, but otherwise playing well.

However I have not relly seen anything out of Gaudreau or Greenway.

Nothing terrible, just really Nothing at all.

Rem Pitlick's Hat Trick Lifts Wild to 4-2 Win Over Seattle

Good response after a real disappointing game on Thursday.  Seeing a Wild player finish on a breakaway?!?!  Almost unheard of!  Hartman had a helluva game too.  Talbot looked good down the stretch in that one too as Seattle really played with some desperation in the 3rd.  I have a recap, an extended Iowa Wild report and a ton of prospect updates too.  Check it out!  

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Rem Pitlick's Hat Trick Lifts Wild to 4-2 Win Over Seattle

Good response after a real disappointing game on Thursday.  Seeing a Wild player finish on a breakaway?!?!  Almost unheard of!  Hartman had a helluva game too.  Talbot looked good down the stretch in that one too as Seattle really played with some desperation in the 3rd.  I have a recap, an extended Iowa Wild report and a ton of prospect updates too.  Check it out!  

Nice read about Iowa and Nick Swaney looking pretty good in the game highlights. Worth reading and watching 👍

So far we are on a 1st place in our Division with 10 wins. Blues lost last game against Oilers.

An interesting fact happened during our game against Kraken. As soon as we started our discussion about low scoring players in our team and included Pitlick  in that list then he became a hero for this game by making his hat trick. I started to like him a lot. He has a natural talent for scoring. Just found out, that he is a first player in a Wild history who made a hat trick in the same game on placing his 1st NHL goal. And he became 31st player in NHL history as well for doing that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomdog said:

I noticed that the more we rag on players the better they play as well.

And I guess Greenway would be the exception to that rule, because he still does nothing.

Another exception is Hartman, who's playing way above his pay all the time. Winger or center, no matter what line, PP or PK, doesn't matter to him. I wonder how he would do as a d-man or goalie...

• Good Post 1

3 hours ago, Tomdog said:

I noticed that the more we rag on players the better they play as well.

And I guess Greenway would be the exception to that rule, because he still does nothing.

Yes. He is still the exception to that rule. Hope, he will read our messages too and will make some changes towards his improvement/perfection, otherwise he will be traded.😉

5 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Another exception is Hartman, who's playing way above his pay all the time. Winger or center, no matter what line, PP or PK, doesn't matter to him. I wonder how he would do as a d-man or goalie...

Agree with that part too. We have 2 opposite exceptions in our team - the best one (Hartman) and the worst one (Greenway).  I think Hartman will do fine as a defenseman as well as a goalie. Hockey mentality completely stuffed his body.🙂

This week we will have 2 home games( on Tuesday against Sharks and on Thursday against Stars). And at the end of the week we will have 2 road games (on Saturday against Panthers and on Sunday against Lightning). I think, at least 3 games out of 4 could be very tough for us, but, maybe, all 4. And 1 out of these 4 games is a Divisional game(against Stars). Probably, we will see a mad Ryan Suter then (his stats so far in 13 games 1 goal; 6 assists; +/- - 3).🤔

I've only seen Sokolov playing in his 2015-16 highlights clip. Fast hands, slow feet, huge shot. A bit like Granlund's hands and feet together with Teemu Pulkkinen's Brett Hull -like shot. Without fast moving feet in today's NHL it's going to be awfully difficult to be able to make it. One is always late from defensive responsibilities. Slowness is not that big a problem in an Olympic size rink. Sokolov's AHL stats are only half a point per game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

I've only seen Sokolov playing in his 2015-16 highlights clip. Fast hands, slow feet, huge shot. A bit like Granlund's hands and feet together with Teemu Pulkkinen's Brett Hull -like shot. Without fast moving feet in today's NHL it's going to be awfully difficult to be able to make it. One is always late from defensive responsibilities. Slowness is not that big a problem in an Olympic size rink. Sokolov's AHL stats are only half a point per game.

Actually, I talked about Sokolov in Guerin's thread 🙂 ,because he didn't signed a pretty good sniper without giving any NHL games for a tryout. In AHL he was playing mainly in the 4th line, where chances to produce are not high. Still he was one of the best producers for the 4th line in AHL Iowa Wild history. In OHL, the season before he was moved to AHL, Sokolov was the best sniper there and had 97 points (50 goals;47 assists) during that season. I do not think he was too slow on making 97 points in one season. His partner then was a talented player Andrei Svechnikov who is playing now for the Carolina team.

Edited by Alexandron

7 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Actually, I talked about Sokolov in Guerin's thread 🙂 ,because he didn't signed a pretty good sniper without giving any NHL games for a tryout. In AHL he was playing mainly in the 4th line, where chances to produce are not high. Still he was one of the best producers for the 4th line in AHL Iowa Wild history. In OHL, the season before he was moved to AHL, Sokolov was the best sniper there and had 97 points (50 goals;47 assists) during that season. I do not think he was too slow on making 97 points in one season. His partner then was a talented player Andrei Svechnikov who is playing now for the Carolina team.

It gets faster in the AHL and still faster in the NHL. They would have to build the line to compensate for Sokolov's slowness, and they probably want to have four fast lines. I haven't seen more recent clips of him, though. Maybe he's learned to skate better.

6 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

It gets faster in the AHL and still faster in the NHL. They would have to build the line to compensate for Sokolov's slowness, and they probably want to have four fast lines. I haven't seen more recent clips of him, though. Maybe he's learned to skate better.

Maybe or maybe because he lost some weight too at home? 🙂

6 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Maybe or maybe because he lost some weight too at home? 🙂

If he keeps on scoring we'll eventually see highlights clips from the KHL. Then we'll see how fast the feet are going. I remember when Vladimir Yursinov was coaching here in Finland. His first words in Finnish seemed to be "jalat, jalat, jalat!" That is "feet, feet, feet". He wanted to keep his players moving.

• Like 1