Minnesota Wild vs San Jose Sharks, Tuesday 11-16-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

9 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

We have one weak link on at least 3 of 4 lines - which is hurting our efficiency and production.  I have NO idea what they see in Gaudreau on the top line.  I would rather see Pitlick or Hartman there than Gaudreau.  He77, I am not a fan of Rask, but he was more valuable with 97 and 36 than Gaudreau has shown.  I have seen enough of Bjug, and the same with Greenway.  The bloom is off Duhaime a bit for me now, too.  Lots of turnovers from him.  I have NO interest in Benn.  Add Addison, and one of Beckman and Rossi by the weekend for me.  A few guys need to put suits on up in the stands.

Agree. Head Coach should bring from Iowa the most productive players. I am not a fan of Rask ; Benn;  Greenway; Merrill; Gaudreau too.  Still want to see as a 1st line Fiala-EEK-Foligno;  I also want to see Hartman with Kaprizov and Zuccarello as a 2nd line for building a continuous strong chemistry during the games and during practice; I want to see Pitlick with Sturm and Beckman for building a strong chemistry as well as a 3rd line; I want to see from Iowa Swaney -Rossi- Dewar(or Duhaime) as a 4th line. As well as Addison should play with Kulikov, but not Merrill. And also to give more time to Kahkonen as well. He is getting rusted if not plays enough.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

A fourth round pick? I'd take it.

Why did we signed them (Rask; Gaudreau; Benn; Greenway; Merrill)? Better to look for one absolute sniper to add to the team. We have a lack of snipers and shooters. Occasional scoring is not enough to reach playoffs finals. Sometimes I am thinking - better to have one slow but persistent in scoring every game sniper than to have lots of too fast runners but producing nothing.

2 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

I think he is sensing heat from Iowa may be upon him.  There are several forwards putting up points (Beckman, Rossi, Swaney).  He doesn't have much breathing room and better show something different if he isn't going to score.

Sensing heat is coming upon him. He did not show anything in 14 games. One game he was off.

Worked. So listened to first half on radio. Watched 9 min. condensed game. Only this: Brodin skates so well and so intelligently that I'm going to name him to my next pond hockey team; and, Greenway can be a tree in front of their goaltender, but looks like his tree trunk legs get stuck in a muddy crease.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tomdog said:

What would a package deal of Rask, Gaudreau, Greenway, Dumba get us in return?

Fixed it for ya. ;)
Got to see the replay feed...Sorry I stayed up for this one.
Good news-Bad news...We got many decent scoring chances.... Couldn't convert or hit the net even.
Dumba plays a roll in many ways tonight. Goal 1, Off finishing a check on a player not even involved in the play 5+ seconds late leaving 97 to cover the eventual scorer.
Goal 3, Lazily skates by the goal crease taking Talbots eyes away. Probably would've scored but still what was he doing?
Add in a worthless so-called 'fight' early on. 
Focus the PP arounf 24's shot?? We did that 3 years ago because that's all we had at the time that worked. Those days are long gone.
Good to see finally Hartman where he should be was one of the highlights tonight.

Next up: The return of Pylon 20 who for what it's worth has as many goals now as our 97. 😂

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 9:57 AM, lynxrattle said:

I hate to say it as I was defending Dumba when he was younger, thinking he'll learn by experience, but it is not happening. It's the same mistakes he did as a prospect.

I wasn't that impressed right away but was hoping for steps up in his game. He made rookie mistakes of course.
Then came his breakout season of blasting bombs and scoring. Great, I accepted his defensive errors at that point but was still concerned.
I then 'bought in' to that scenario...Then the fight/injury and since then the high rate of scoring stopped. We also as a team moved away from setting him up constantly as we got better scorers. Now I'm just frustrated at the lack of improvement in his D skills and general Hockey IQ.
I just don't know what the brass see in him right now.

2 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I wasn't that impressed right away but was hoping for steps up in his game. He made rookie mistakes of course.
Then came his breakout season of blasting bombs and scoring. Great, I accepted his defensive errors at that point but was still concerned.
I then 'bought in' to that scenario...Then the fight/injury and since then the high rate of scoring stopped. We also as a team moved away from setting him up constantly as we got better scorers. Now I'm just frustrated at the lack of improvement in his D skills and general Hockey IQ.
I just don't know what the brass see in him right now.

I think it's that right handed defenseman with puck handleing skills are hard to come by.

Not thrilled with his play lately, but I do think it comes from trying to do too much.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

44 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

I think it's that right handed defenseman with puck handleing skills are hard to come by.

Not thrilled with his play lately, but I do think it comes from trying to do too much.

It comes from trying to do too much without thinking ahead too much. -:)

2 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Sure, Especially after getting the A too maybe.