Minnesota Wild @ Florida Panthers, Saturday 11-20-21, 5:00pm, FLA Live Arena

MNSOTA

https://thesportsdaily.com/?p=1243120

Minnesota Wild (11-5-0)  22pts  1st in the Central

3.44 Goals For Per Game (4th in the NHL)

3.06 Goals Against Per Game (22nd in the NHL)

16% Power Play (24th in the NHL)

79.3% Penalty Kill (20th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 4G 11A = 15pts

2. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 8G 4A = 12pts

3. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 4G 8A = 12pts

4. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 5G 5A = 10pts

5. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 2G 8A = 10pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 39 PIM's

2. #21 Brandon Duhaime ~ 35 PIM's

3. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 13 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #33 Cam Talbot (9-4-0)  2.85GAA  .906%SP

2. #34 Kaapo Kahkonen (2-1-0)  3.08GAA  .882%SP

Vs.

Florida Panthers (12-2-3)  27pts  1st in the Atlantic

3.88 Goals For Per Game (1st in the NHL)

2.41 Goals Against Per Game (5th in the NHL)

18.9% Power Play (17th in the NHL)

82.5% Penalty Kill (14th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #16 Alexander Barkov ~ 9G 8A = 17pts

2. #11 Jonathan Huberdeau ~ 6G 11A = 17pts

3. #10 Anthony Duclair ~ 9G 7A = 16pts

4. #23 Carter Verhaeghe ~ 5G 9A = 14pts

5. #5 Aaron Ekblad ~ 5G 8A = 13pts

6. #13 Sam Reinhart ~ 3G 8A = 11pts (in case Barkov's still out)

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #7 Radko Gudas ~ 24 PIM's

2. #94 Ryan Lomberg ~ 19 PIM's

3. #9 Sam Bennett ~ 14 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #72 Sergei Bobrovsky (7-0-2)  1.78GAA  .942%SP

2. #30 Spencer Knight (5-2-1)  2.98GAA  .904%SP

• Like 2

It is going to be an intriguing game for this season, probably very speedy and very offensively minded from both sides. Their goalie has an outstanding stats. Hope our goalie will be able to compete. Our 1st place in Central Division vs their 1st place in Atlantic Division.

Still I would like to predict our 5:4 win in OT(or in SO), which seems unreal. 🙂

Edited by Alexandron

3 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Win streaks have to end sometime and since they topped their franchise record, There's no better time than now to Stop it.😀
If we play smart and disciplined I think we could prevail in OT ...4-3 

Hope you will be right as always. 🙂

• Haha 1

Like ClusterChuck said streaks end. 3 - 1 Wild win. At least they don't have Barkov now. It's a near-perfect team even without him.

We took Rossi over Lundell in the draft. I hope this game shows we were right and Lundell is a total no-show in this one.

Edit: Duhaime's first game in front of his friends and family. Let's hope for a marvellous game for him!

Edited by lynxrattle
Forgot Duhaime

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

Like ClusterChuck said streaks end. 3 - 1 Wild win. At least they don't have Barkov now. It's a near-perfect team even without him.

We took Rossi over Lundell in the draft. I hope this game shows we were right and Lundell is a total no-show in this one.

Edit: Duhaime's first game in front of his friends and family. Let's hope for a marvellous game for him!

According to Russo, Barkov was skating. Probably, we will see him tonight. 

Wild taking a trip through my home state starting in Sunrise tonight and ending up in Tampa tomorrow.

This year, BOTH stops in the state of Florida are bumpy rides for visiting teams.
Yet more good measuring sticks for the Minnesota Wild to see how they stack up against an up n coming Panthers team, who may win that Atlantic Division, and a retooling, but still very dangerous defending two-time Stanley Cup champion.

First up tonight though... the Panthers.
As for Barkov, all reports I have seen to his point indicating that while he is skating, playing in an actual game probably won't happen for at least 3 weeks or so.
Unless the Panthers are throwing everyone a swerve, I don't expect to see Barkov in the lineup tonight.

Wild will still have plenty to keep them busy though because even without their top center, the Panthers have very good young and veteran talent throughout their lineup.

Minnesota's toughness and patience may be tested pretty heavily dealing with Radko Gudas, Ryan Lomberg, Sam Bennett, and Patric Hornqvist on the Panthers' side.
Foligno, EEK, Greenway, Duhaime....your turn to shine against those types of players, boys!

The Minnesota defense and the goaltender will really need to be at their best as the Panthers are a top three team in shots on goal in the entire NHL, averaging a bit more than 35 SOG per game. That's quite a bit of rubber that will be heading Talbot's way.

Fortunately, as good as the Panthers can be, their defense can sometimes lack positional coverage and there will be openings for Wild forwards to generate shooting opportunities.
They should test the Florida goalie (no word yet on either Bobrovsky or Spencer Knight) at EVERY opportunity!

If the Wild are ready to go, I expect a very fast moving, frantic, physical game tonight!

Go Wild GO!

• Like 3

The info about our lines was taken from Russo twit.

Lines this evening are going to be:

Fiala-Hartman-Zuccarello;

Greenway-EEK-Foligno;

Kaprizov-Rask-Gaudreau;

Duhaime-Sturm-Pitlick;

Goligoski-Spurgeon;

Brodin-Dumba;

Merrill-Kulikov;

Talbot will be in the net.

I am very hopping that our 4th line will produce few goals this game.

Edited by Alexandron

2 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Hope also Rossi (who has 14 points(3 goals;11 assists) in 10 AHL games) as well as Boldy( who has 3 points(2goals;1 assist) in his 1st after injury AHL game) will find their permanent spot in the main roster.

40 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Hope also Rossi (who has 14 points(3 goals;11 assists) in 10 AHL games) as well as Boldy( who has 3 points(2goals;1 assist) in his 1st after injury AHL game) will find their permanent spot in the main roster.

Very good points 👍

Gaudreau just BLOWS.  I really don't know how much longer they can act like he is a top 6 player.  He should switch places with Pitlick or Sturm.  Better yet, bring up Rossi.  He is an assist machine, and Gaudreau cannot ever get the puck to Kap when he is open.