Minnesota Wild @ Edmonton Oilers, Tuesday 12-7-21, 8:00pm, Rogers Place

MNSOTA

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

The skill on the Oil PP is just crazy.  They taunt is with the puck in our zone.  McD and Drai should not be on the same team.  They should score at will.  

Agree. That much skill on the ice at one time is EXTREMELY difficult to deal with. Our D-men will be tested tonight.

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

The skill on the Oil PP is just crazy.  They taunt is with the puck in our zone.  McD and Drai should not be on the same team.  They should score at will.  

No differant from Malkin, Crosby in their prime

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TallyTigerShark said:

I didn’t realize Driasiatl was as fleet of foot as he is. And for all the McDavid talk, Leon scares me to death when he has the puck.

I don't believe Draisaitl is really that "fleet of foot".
Sure, he has his bursts here and there, but he is far from greased lightning out there.

However, what he DOES have is tremendous hockey IQ and powers of anticipation and he oftentimes is already in the act of moving to where he figures the puck or play is going. That, in effect, makes him 'faster' than he actually is.
I've seen plenty of players catch up to Draisaitl as he tries to skate away and create space....but very few players in the league have his uncanny ability to predict what will happen on the ice before it does.

He usually is moving in the right direction and positionally sound, and when combined with his considerable puck skills, it's what's made him a 'killer' of many teams.

That all said, nice to see the Wild shutting down the EDM dynamic duo and dictating the pace.
MN will need to stay out of the box as much as possible, of course, but so far so good, and that Marcus Foligno: White Hot alright!

He and EEK, every bit the representative of "Wild Hockey".

• Good Post 1