Minnesota Wild @ Edmonton Oilers, Tuesday 12-7-21, 8:00pm, Rogers Place

MNSOTA

20 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Whatever was said in the locker room betwween periods again worked. Impressive 3rd.
Talbot held strong for the team and they rewarded him.

Yeah. They both (team and Talbot were rewarded). Impressive 3rd. Or maybe a garbage style of the Wild team's play during a 2nd period completely confused Oilers in a 3rd?They(Oilers) did not played well in a 3rd as they did in a 2nd. Less creativity was evident.

I liked a lot our last goal for this game - an outstanding Kaprizov's assist to a beauty Kulikov's goal. A perfect chess combination. 

3 stars of the game:

Talbot;

EEK;

Puljujarvi.

Edited by Alexandron

10 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

We're tied win the Panthers for most goals scored in the League with 96. 😎

And we are still matching with Stars on 7 wins in a row.😎

IllaZilla said that our Wild ream reminded to him our 2002-2003 team's version character. And I agree with him about that. Hopefully, we will be able to pass this season at least 2 playoffs rounds like team abled in 2003. We never did this a 2nd time since that 2003 year.

I was at work during the day today. 2 surgeons and anesthesiologist were talking for a long period of time about Wild success this season. One of their phrases "Fun to watch team's unusual play, which we did not see before". Interesting also, one of the surgeons had a surgical hat with a multiple Wild logo on it.

• Like 1

Taken from Michael Russo twit:

#mnwildNHLTeam_2021_mnwild.png win 7th in a row and improve to 7-0-1, amazingly, without captain Jared Spurgeon, who may return in San Jose on Thursday. Ex-Oil Cam Talbot outstanding with 38 saves, Eriksson Ek 1+1, Foligno GWG, Rask, Kulikov goals, Brodin/Zuccarello 2 assists apiece (Mats’ 300th).

Interesting, I found out from Russo twit, that Kulikov is playing for the last 3 games with Rask's stick, which he likes a lot. And the last night Rask sent a puck to Kaprizov, then Kaprizov to Kulikov, and Kulikov placed a goal with a Rask's stick.

I also would like to mention for this game Greenway, who played very very hard. I liked how he played.

8 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Next game(at 9:30 p.m.) is going to be tomorrow against Sharks team on a road. They abled to beat us in November with a score 4:1 on our home ice. Hope it will be a revenge game for us. 

Hertl has been scoring. They need to be ready to compete. 

On 12/7/2021 at 11:19 PM, Alexandron said:

And we are still matching with Stars on 7 wins in a row.😎

IllaZilla said that our Wild ream reminded to him our 2002-2003 team's version character. And I agree with him about that. Hopefully, we will be able to pass this season at least 2 playoffs rounds like team abled in 2003. We never did this a 2nd time since that 2003 year.

I was at work during the day today. 2 surgeons and anesthesiologist were talking for a long period of time about Wild success this season. One of their phrases "Fun to watch team's unusual play, which we did not see before". Interesting also, one of the surgeons had a surgical hat with a multiple Wild logo on it.

We ran into an insanely hot goalie in J. S. Giguere. Total brick wall all series. Doubt many goalies could replicate that these days.
Who knows how far that Wild team could've gone if JSG was just 'really good'.

*just noticed Dan Bylsma was on that team. 😮 

Edited by ClusterChuck