Simmonds goal vs Nashville

Guest JackStraw

true, but aside from that 1 goal he was pretty much everywhere tonight - and controlling the play, esp in the 1st. He plays with a lot of composure and we could really use him. I just don't see how it could be done either, exp by gutting - okay almost-gutting the team - the rookies. That would not be a smart move imo at this point - we're too good without him already. If Bryz flies right the rest of the way we can get those GA down quite a bit and be competitive in April May June.

Yeah, I'm with Canoli. Let's concentrate on (read practice) playing defense with the players we have. With Gus back in the line up, hopefully we see some improvement. Let's help our goalies out. We start doing that and save % and GAA will begin to move in the right directions and that will inspire confidence. We need confident goalies.

All who worship at the Shrine of Shea Weber, please note that he was 1) on the ice, and 2) standing there allowing Rinaldo (I think it was) to screen his goalie. Just sayin'...

Good point. It does show that even the best D men can make mistakes. If he did that here, though, he'd need to be traded ASAP! ;)

@OzFlyer

Why do we have to 'replace' Pronger ? He sucked this year anyway when he played. Maybe you mean 'replace' his salary, which the Flyers (being the Flyers) will most likely do unfortunately. Kinda' like how most people ( living paycheck to paycheck ) get tax refunds and then buy a big screen TV or an Ipad.

All who worship at the Shrine of Shea Weber, please note that he was 1) on the ice, and 2) standing there allowing Rinaldo (I think it was) to screen his goalie. Just sayin'...

No defenseman is perfect. Look at footage from the last couple of seasons and you will see Pronger in similar scenarios. It's silly to take one situation and use that to draw a conclusion about a player's overall worth -- especially a defenseman.

No defenseman is perfect. Look at footage from the last couple of seasons and you will see Pronger in similar scenarios. It's silly to take one situation and use that to draw a conclusion about a player's overall worth -- especially a defenseman.

I didn't mean it as a comment on Weber. I know that he's a great one and will likely win at least one Norris before he's done. I meant it as a comment on how people react to the Flyers' own players. A lot of fans seem to think that our players are the only ones who make mistakes. Obviously they aren't. Sometimes it helps to realize that even players that one covets are human.