Game 34: Penguins at Flyers; 1/6/22 @ 7; ESPN+, Roku

Howie58

"The Flyers could win this if..."

9 mins left 5-1 - they got 2 in less than a minute. Well it was a nice thought to have during the 2nd intermission.

oh my god HAYES IS SUCH A FKNG DUD! just gives away the puck on the PP, no pressure on him whatsoever and he just lets it drift off his stick...right to a Penguin who goes down and scores shorthanded. Beautiful just incredible.

1 minute ago, Howie58 said:

From what I've read, he is out by March 22st.  

Wow that's weird. Last I heard Giroux is asymptomatic and will be out 5 days as per the CDC guidelines.

Did you maybe mean Couturier? He has a UBI or LBI and his status is "week to week," whatever that means.

Oh I gotcha ya his name is all over the rumor mill…but with Fletcher (and Holmgren and Clarke of course) in charge who really knows. I would be surprised to hear Giroux wants to go to a new city. As a rental sure but i doubt he signs anywhere else for longer.

For a laugh watch the Pens' shorty in the 3rd. I know everyone's sick of seeing the Flyers suck but it is actually funny to see how lame Hayes is on this play. It also features some wonderfully Charmin-esque defensive "work" by Yandle.

Pens SHG makes it 6-1

To his credit this was out of character for Hayes. He may not be very effective at much but he can rag the puck. Not this time.

From what I've read, York was composed and Zemula has the best CF on the team.  If nothing else, we may be seeing our future grow and get valuable experience.  By the way, Yeo was not so kind in his presser.  There was no pride in defeat from his vantage, with limited compete.  

12 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

From what I've read, York was composed and Zemula has the best CF on the team.  If nothing else, we may be seeing our future grow and get valuable experience. 

We can only hope they don't get the Flyer "development" treatment. But I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1