Minnesota Wild vs Calgary Flames, Tuesday 3-1-22, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Did not agree with commentators during the game that we had lack of efforts.  We had plenty of efforts, and had 32 shots vs their 26. But overall their level of play was better than ours.  

Anyway 2 games against them was a superb  Wild  team's experience. Last season we played against teams of same Division entire season. This season we have absolutely different teams to play against with their different style of play. Thus we need to look for a different keys to open their nets. 

2 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

It’s tough for everyone involved. I guess my feeling is that as long as they’re not polishing Putin’s balls like Ovechkin has, I will cast no aspersions. I like that the league is taking the security of Russian players seriously, as we all know Americans are not the sharpest tools in the shed…and the previous administration made this country’s relationship with Russia that much more complicated. 

Okay, done with politics for the night. 

Please , be nice. Players with any nationalities are not guilty of what is going on at this world.  No politics forever at this forum. We already talked about this. I said here few times in 20 years - politics is the most dirtiest part of our life. Many times is very embarrassing, presenting only one side of the view or even just a "polishing" portion of that view. Recently(this week) more and more European governments started  to recognize previous NATO "democratic" invasion  into Livia, Syria, Iraq,  Afghanistan,  Kuwait, Ukraine... The outcome was horrible - millions of civilian victims, humanitarian catastrophes, completely destroyed countries. The war is actually now between NATO and Russia, which is a very scary part. Both have their own interests for that territory. Tragically , victims are Ukrainians.  Not the previous administration, but the administration before made much more complicated relationship with Russia ( especially since 2014). Please, no more politics for our hockey forum. 

12 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Please, no politics in sports. Professional sport is a professional sport and nothing else. No one should suffer in sports as well as in life. Without Russian players NHL will suffer a lot too. And NHL made some statement regarding this situation.

No politics in sports, I do agree.

alexander-ovechkin-putin.jpg?quality=90&

Every time there are Olympics Putin invades a neighbour. 2008 Georgia, 2014 Crimea/Eastern Ukraine, 2022 Ukraine, annexation of Belarus.

The Jets did this:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/hoosli-ukrainian-male-chorus-sings-ukrainian-national-anthem-ahead-jets-canadiens-game/

One reaps what one sows. Putin started the re-politicization of sports, doping of 15-year-olds, using athletes as election magnetes, now he gets it thrown right back at him.

Dmitri Khristich is joining the defense of Ukraine, biathlonist Yevhen Malyshev has been killed, boxer brothers Klitschko are on the Rosgvardija liquidation lists if they survive the battles. Athletes kill and die in wars.

I'm waiting for the Wild's reaction on Ukraine. The Jets had no hesitation.

Watching the Wild play and Kaprizov getting hit from behind by Gudbranson made me feel good. Perhaps Kaprizov is a Putinist. Perhaps he joins Putin's Russian Guards if the NHL bans Russian players. Perhaps he is a coward who doesn't do his part when children are being slaughtered with thermobaric bombs.

Writing this I realise that following the Wild is a peacetime activity. Our banking systems and airport facilities are already being attacked and tested. Russian cargo planes fly curious routes over our air bases.

I need hate to get ready for a possible invasion. One can hide in the grey, but if one sees in black and white, you can see what is evil. Like it says in that Rollins Band song Black and White, about paedophilia. Putin is just as evil as Stalin, Hitler or Mussolini was.

I expect you to understand Russian, so here's the start of the Russian poet Yevgeni Yevtusenko's poem for you:

Nad Babim Yarom pamyatnikov nyet
Krutoi obryv, kak gruboye nadgrobye
Mne strashno
Mne sevodnya stolko let
Kak samomu yevreiskomu narodu

Perhaps you could listen to the Shostakovich symphony (13th), where that came from, to start thinking about the horrible situation all of Russia is again, under the tyrant.

I'll take a break from visiting this forum. It's too confusing to visit a place of peace and having fun, while living in a place that is already receiving distressed Ukrainian women and children, and sending anti-tank weapons and volunteers to war. No hard feelings and all the best for everyone here. I'll get back here if and when I don't need the hate anymore.

I'll stay a Wild fan. One hint for the Wild. The compete level was better, but they have to pick their battles. As Ryan Carter said, Addison "won his battle" at the end of the first period and got a very good scoring chance. He used his strengths speed and agility. The Wild's players need to realise the individual areas they can dominate in and use them aggressively. It's not about hitting and fighting if you are not big and strong.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

No politics in sports, I do agree.

alexander-ovechkin-putin.jpg?quality=90&

Every time there are Olympics Putin invades a neighbour. 2008 Georgia, 2014 Crimea/Eastern Ukraine, 2022 Ukraine, annexation of Belarus.

The Jets did this:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/hoosli-ukrainian-male-chorus-sings-ukrainian-national-anthem-ahead-jets-canadiens-game/

One reaps what one sows. Putin started the re-politicization of sports, doping of 15-year-olds, using athletes as election magnetes, now he gets it thrown right back at him.

Dmitri Khristich is joining the defense of Ukraine, biathlonist Yevhen Malyshev has been killed, boxer brothers Klitschko are on the Rosgvardija liquidation lists if they survive the battles. Athletes kill and die in wars.

I'm waiting for the Wild's reaction on Ukraine. The Jets had no hesitation.

Watching the Wild play and Kaprizov getting hit from behind by Gudbranson made me feel good. Perhaps Kaprizov is a Putinist. Perhaps he joins Putin's Russian Guards if the NHL bans Russian players. Perhaps he is a coward who doesn't do his part when children are being slaughtered with thermobaric bombs.

Writing this I realise that following the Wild is a peacetime activity. Our banking systems and airport facilities are already being attacked and tested. Russian cargo planes fly curious routes over our air bases.

I need hate to get ready for a possible invasion. One can hide in the grey, but if one sees in black and white, you can see what is evil. Like it says in that Rollins Band song Black and White, about paedophilia. Putin is just as evil as Stalin, Hitler or Mussolini was.

I expect you to understand Russian, so here's the start of the Russian poet Yevgeni Yevtusenko's poem for you:

Nad Babim Yarom pamyatnikov nyet
Krutoi obryv, kak gruboye nadgrobye
Mne strashno
Mne sevodnya stolko let
Kak samomu yevreiskomu narodu

Perhaps you could listen to the Shostakovich symphony (13th), where that came from, to start thinking about the horrible situation all of Russia is again, under the tyrant.

I'll take a break from visiting this forum. It's too confusing to visit a place of peace and having fun, while living in a place that is already receiving distressed Ukrainian women and children, and sending anti-tank weapons and volunteers to war. No hard feelings and all the best for everyone here. I'll get back here if and when I don't need the hate anymore.

I'll stay a Wild fan. One hint for the Wild. The compete level was better, but they have to pick their battles. As Ryan Carter said, Addison "won his battle" at the end of the first period and got a very good scoring chance. He used his strengths speed and agility. The Wild's players need to realise the individual areas they can dominate in and use them aggressively. It's not about hitting and fighting if you are not big and strong.

Be safe and we'll welcome your return when you're ready. :)