Greetings Flyers Fans

Guest FlyersMKD

@canoli definitely different, and not only the time difference :) ....good to see you here canoli...this board would have been empty without your "its not over, until the fat lady sings" attitude

Maybe that's our problem in the finals. The Fat Lady sings at the start of the game!!

@pilldoc C'mon....dont' judge me...I found about that a lot later...imagine the irony...I hated the guy because he beat Canada and Lindros in 1994...but also got Lindros to the Flyers, and he was so good that he won the Stanley Cup(s)....Do you think the Flyers would have won the cup if they didnt make that trade? Actually...will start a thread on this topic...really want to know what you guys think

that is a real good question. I don't know. Like they said hindsight is always 20/20. Lindros was touted as "The Next Great One"

At first he really did dominate games. Then the because of his style of play...injuries started to take away from him. Remember the Flyers sold the house to get him. Hextall was part of that package too.

Maybe we would have gotten a cup or two with Forsberg instead of Lindros. The big one was the pasing up of Brodeur. If the Flyers would have drafted him..yeah then with a combo of Forsberg and Brodeur...yeah I say at 1 maybe 2 cups.

Good debate question.

MKD - welcome.

Also........ I don't want to take this nice thread in a different direction, but just quickly want to mention that I am probably in the minority of those who not only don't *hate* Forsberg, but I actually respect the guy. I could never understand the hate. Up until he got his foot issues, it is hard to dimiss an impact he had on this team and the game in general. He did for Knuble is what Lindros did for LeClair. Gagne also thrived when playing with Forsberg. And Forsberg, himself, did play quite well. I will never forget that infamous playoffs against Buffalo (of all the teams), in which Forsberg was the only player who showed up to play and actually won Game 3 by himself.

But I can also see why people would get pissed at him. But hate? Really?

@Mad Dog

To be honest I didn't express myself corectly and for that I appologize... I don't hate him, especially not now... that feeling was just because the victory in the Olympic finals over Lindros and Canada. He was a great player and you can't hate a player of his caliber even if his name is Crosby ;).

Just want to say hi everybody! What a great job by Digityman for making this happend. Been on the philly.com for 7-8 years but when it got cancer I guess it was time to move on. Seems like everybody, the fans, the die hards, is here anyway! Looking forward.

CHEERS!

@Mad Dog

To be honest I didn't express myself corectly and for that I appologize... I don't hate him, especially not now... that feeling was just because the victory in the Olympic finals over Lindros and Canada. He was a great player and you can't hate a player of his caliber even if his name is Crosby ;).

Can't Hate Crosby?!?!....Watch me....LOL i can hate me some whiny ass horsefaced mother effer pretty good.....