*** 2021-22 Eastern Conference Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) at New York Rangers (M2) - (TBL WIN 4-2) ***

TBL vs NYR  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Lightning continue as Prince of Wales Champions? Or do the Rangers snatch that title en route to bigger things?

• Lightning in 4. Bolts show the Ranges how a two time champion handles business. In crushing fashion.
    • Lightning in 5. Rangers show a bit of attitude and drive, but the defending Champs are still way too much.
    • Lightning in 6. Rangers give it all, but the Lightning's talent, experience, and drive for success can't be overcome.
    • Lightning in 7. Blueshirts push the defending Cup champions to their limit, but fall short of greatness...just barely.
    • Rangers in 4. New Eastern standard. And they now reside in New York City
    • Rangers in 5. NY has learned their playoff lessons well and have an answer for just about everything the Bolts throw at them.
    • Rangers in 6. Great series that sees lots of championship caliber play from both sides, but it is now the Rangers' time.
    • Rangers in 7. The Bolts thought they had their path carved to the Finals, but NY shows they have the last say on who upstages who, and finally slay the electric dragon.

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Well, his replacement, Hunt has a lot of willingness to go to the net, in traffic. Maybe Gallant is thinking he needs more dirty goals, to survive this game. It won't matter though...obviously...if they can't get more consistent zone time, and the puck.

I do like that mindset by Gallant about get in front of the net and getting possible tip ins or redirects, but if they can't get shots like you said it is not going to matter. 

• Like 1

Wow Rangers wtf? Worst period of PO hockey I've seen since G7 Flyers vs Isles in the bubble. That wasn't "weathering the storm" that was "we got nothing left." Odds of a G7 are looking mighty long now... but, 40 more left you never know.

Something weird has to be going on with the Rangers. Why no Kakko? Gallant gives a curt "No" when asked.

1 minute ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Wow Rangers wtf? Worst period of PO hockey I've seen since G7 Flyers vs Isles in the bubble. That wasn't "weathering the storm" that was "we got nothing left." Odds of a G7 are looking mighty long now... but, 40 more left you never know.

Something weird has to be going on with the Rangers. Why no Kakko? Gallant gives a curt "No" when asked.

When you're not scoring...and Kakko hasn't been, you change things up. So far, it's the same Game 5 Rangers, except Shesterkin has been better.

8 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Trouba doing his Scott Stevens impression, on Corey Perry. Perry can do that right back, if he so chooses. So can Hedman.

I was Perry, so I still chuckled.

• Like 1

Just watched the goal replay.  Stamkos’ shot grazed the Ranger defender’s skate laces.  Probably enough so that Shesterkan’t failed to keep it out of the far side.  

Bolts had 3 or 4 better scoring chances that Shesterkan stopped.  

Crazy and sometimes cruel game.

Edited by SaucyJack
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

When you're not scoring...and Kakko hasn't been, you change things up. So far, it's the same Game 5 Rangers, except Shesterkin has been better.

Yeah but Lafrienerre hasn't scored in 14 games either - and it was Gallant's "No" that made me wonder if something more, something off the ice maybe was the reason.

It's a 1-goal game with 20 minutes to go - seems like anyone's game. But the Rangers haven't shown any fight, that they're willing to empty the tank...maybe because it's already empty.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Yeah but Lafrienerre hasn't scored in 14 games either - and it was Gallant's "No" that made me wonder if something more, something off the ice maybe was the reason.

It's a 1-goal game with 20 minutes to go - seems like anyone's game. But the Rangers haven't shown any fight, that they're willing to empty the tank...maybe because it's already empty.

It is not because of Shesterkin or the Rangers defense in the game. It is because of the Rangers offense and only having 13 shots on the net. That is not going to get it done against the Lightning and Vasilevskiy. They need to in this 3rd period to have more than 13 shots on net and they need to be setting up in front of the net to block Vasilevskiy from seeing the puck and get tip ins and redirects. 

As the 3rd period starts, FanDuel will pay 4.2-to-1 for a Ranger Game 6 victory.  The odds of NYR winning the Cup have apparently fallen so low (lower than the 16-1 from after game 5) that FanDuel doesn’t even offer the wager.

18 minutes ago, Math said:

Shesterkin seemed not ready and didn't believe Stamkos would take the shot. A debatable judgement error.

And WHY, pray tell, would Shester EVER think that a veteran goal producer like Stamkos WOULDN'T take the shot..... ;) 
Shame, shame on you Shester!