Flyers 2022-23 Phantoms/Prospects info

pilldoc

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Flyers might have found a diamond in the rough.

It's possible. He's had a great year, no question. 

His father played in the NHL, albeit a very short career. His skating has improved. Not great size, but that isn't a huge factor anymore.

The bad news...his father is a Flyers scout, previously scouted for Minnesota (of course). The good news is his father refused to be part of the decision on whether Philly selected him. On an organization full of nepotism, I liked hearing this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

His father played in the NHL, albeit a very short career. His skating has improved. Not great size, but that isn't a huge factor anymore.

The bad news...his father is a Flyers scout, previously scouted for Minnesota (of course). The good news is his father refused to be part of the decision on whether Philly selected him. On an organization full of nepotism, I liked hearing this.

That is good to hear.

The problem is another right wing Flyers are already stocked to the gill with right wings.

It would be nice if some of these kids could play either wing or better yet center.

However some of them could also be moved for pieces they need.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 5:23 AM, flyercanuck said:

I know i know but let me just enjoy this one...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So it will be this draft ok. Cool. I guess.

It will be the 19th pick in the 2nd...same place as they made the selection in the 1st. 

Hopefully they make something of it.

I really really wish Danny B would find a good coach for the AHL find Lappy some other job within if they must - but please get a real coach. Lappy was good in 2010 sure till a puck to the face but c'mon now enough is enough.

What is the point of obtaining talent if you can't coach them up????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samifan said:

Puck to the face = Lifetime contract, according to the official Philadelphia Flyers conversion chart!

Am i am good with that let him be a parking attendant - or an assistant to the assistant's assistant for all i care just not coaching.

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I really really wish Danny B would find a good coach for the AHL find Lappy some other job within if they must - but please get a real coach. Lappy was good in 2010 sure till a puck to the face but c'mon now enough is enough.

What is the point of obtaining talent if you can't coach them up????

Completely agree. Good post. Every single word.

• Like 1