*** 2022 Free Agency Thread ***

Does anyone have a list of the UFA's that they can post easily?  I wonder how ripe the field is?  I am looking at goalies as far as the Sabres go.  Husso and Binnington, St Louis must make their choice.  They wont be able to keep both, and I am hoping my Sabres are  there to go after the one that leaves?  OR< maybe Peterson if the Kings go with Quick.  I will be surprised if they can keep both.  Campbell?  No thanks.  Kuemper?  No thanks.  I know he just won the  Cup.  But not because of him. He had the team in front of him. I think he is very good.  But he is not the best guy out there. And I would take Husso over him.  Let the FA begin.  

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
Altered Title Slightly for General FA Use

21 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Does anyone have a list of the UFA's that they can post easily?  I wonder how ripe the field is?  I am looking at goalies as far as the Sabres go.  Husso and Binnington, St Louis must make their choice.  They wont be able to keep both, and I am hoping my Sabres are  there to go after the one that leaves?  OR< maybe Peterson if the Kings go with Quick.  I will be surprised if they can keep both.  Campbell?  No thanks.  Kuemper?  No thanks.  I know he just won the  Cup.  But not because of him. He had the team in front of him. I think he is very good.  But he is not the best guy out there. And I would take Husso over him.  Let the FA begin.  

Here this is from capfriendly.com... go to PLAYERS TAB, then FREE AGENTS.

Top 30 UFA goalies listed from oldest on down.
There are more of course.

You can go there and sort the lists anyway you like...by age, position, UFA vs RFA status, etc.

3461084_UFAGOALIES.thumb.jpg.60010d4a627a4c6452d7b712ff885af3.jpg

49 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Here this is from capfriendly.com... go to PLAYERS TAB, then FREE AGENTS.

Top 30 UFA goalies listed from oldest on down.
There are more of course.

You can go there and sort the lists anyway you like...by age, position, UFA vs RFA status, etc.

3461084_UFAGOALIES.thumb.jpg.60010d4a627a4c6452d7b712ff885af3.jpg

Thanks.  I hope the Sabres are going for a goalie and releasing all but Luukenen 

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Thanks.  I hope the Sabres are going for a goalie and releasing all but Luukenen 

The two big UFA starting goalies in that list are Darcy Kuemper of the Avalanche, and Jack Campbell of the Leaves®.

There is also Braden Holtby, if anyone has any faith left in him, and of course, Marc Andre Fleury who will look to continue to be a factor with someone even at his age of 37.
Rest seem like a collection of way-past-their-primes, career backups, project goalies, and unknowns.

There are RFA options if the Sabres are willing to give up some assets to try and get (Ville Husso falls into that category I believe).
You'd have to sort the listings by RFA only to see those goaltenders.

• Like 1

I hear they have interest in Lehner. 🤔

Could be that Buffalo isn't on Ullmark's 16-team NTC list. :hocky:

I've heard rumblings about Luukkoillinen backing up Miller next year.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

15 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

The two big UFA starting goalies in that list are Darcy Kuemper of the Avalanche, and Jack Campbell of the Leaves®.

There is also Braden Holtby, if anyone has any faith left in him, and of course, Marc Andre Fleury who will look to continue to be a factor with someone even at his age of 37.
Rest seem like a collection of way-past-their-primes, career backups, project goalies, and unknowns.

There are RFA options if the Sabres are willing to give up some assets to try and get (Ville Husso falls into that category I believe).
You'd have to sort the listings by RFA only to see those goaltenders.

Well I would trade the 9th and 16th pick in a heartbeat for Husso who is also an UFA.  Not sure why he is not on the list?  The three you listed, the guy on YouTube that is on often, NOT Hockey Guy who I actually respect, picks Fluery to go to Pittsburgh.  He thinks Kuemper stays put. And he has Campbell going to Edmonton?  Personally I do not really want any part of Campbell in Buffalo.  I am highest on Husso and Peterson if its possible.  And why not?  the Blues and Kings cannot keep them both.  My 2nd fav team are the Blues and if I had to pick a 3rd and 4th, Kings and Canucks. Im not sure Id let Geaudreau get away if I am Calgary?  He thinks the Flyers will pursue him.  Does that solve the problems there?  Not one guy. But he can score. Just put him with one beastly Risto on the PP and you are all set!!  LOL.  

I wonder what that damn Adams has up his sleeve?  Is he going to go with Luukenen?  Or has he seen enough?  He best get his arse in gear and get us a damn goalie.  And I hope its Husso or Binnington.  I have heard the negative comments on Binnington.  I would still take a shot with him.

5 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Well I would trade the 9th and 16th pick in a heartbeat for Husso who is also an UFA.  Not sure why he is not on the list?  The three you listed, the guy on YouTube that is on often, NOT Hockey Guy who I actually respect, picks Fluery to go to Pittsburgh.  He thinks Kuemper stays put. And he has Campbell going to Edmonton?  Personally I do not really want any part of Campbell in Buffalo.  I am highest on Husso and Peterson if its possible.  And why not?  the Blues and Kings cannot keep them both.  My 2nd fav team are the Blues and if I had to pick a 3rd and 4th, Kings and Canucks. Im not sure Id let Geaudreau get away if I am Calgary?  He thinks the Flyers will pursue him.  Does that solve the problems there?  Not one guy. But he can score. Just put him with one beastly Risto on the PP and you are all set!!  LOL.  

I wonder what that damn Adams has up his sleeve?  Is he going to go with Luukenen?  Or has he seen enough?  He best get his arse in gear and get us a damn goalie.  And I hope its Husso or Binnington.  I have heard the negative comments on Binnington.  I would still take a shot with him.

My bad, you are correct. Ville Husso IS a UFA, not an RFA like I had said.
He isn't on my posted list then because I only took a snapshot of the first 30 UFA goalies based on AGE, and the cutoff, as you saw, was 29 years old, and Husso is 27.

But I DID say there were more to that list, and you could go to capfriendly and sort the lists how you wanted, giving you a different top 30 depending on your parameters.

Bottom line is, Husso is a UFA, so my apologies for reporting otherwise.

23 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

My bad, you are correct. Ville Husso IS a UFA, not an RFA like I had said.
He isn't on my posted list then because I only took a snapshot of the first 30 UFA goalies based on AGE, and the cutoff, as you saw, was 29 years old, and Husso is 27.

But I DID say there were more to that list, and you could go to capfriendly and sort the lists how you wanted, giving you a different top 30 depending on your parameters.

Bottom line is, Husso is a UFA, so my apologies for reporting otherwise.

So stupid Adams just signed Anderson to one year contract.  Why not wave the white flag also holding a big sign saying. Still eternally rebuilding .  I just sent one word to Sabres after Anderson announcement.  Morons.  They best sign a real goalie after July 13

• 2 weeks later...

In…26 hours…you can add ex-Cap goalie Ilya Samsonov to the UFA list.  Caps decided not to issue a qualifying offer to him.  Caps now with zero minders b4 free agency talks start.

Sammy, we hardly knew ya. 

The Chicago Blackhawks are hellbent on purging themselves of talented players in their 20s. Dylan Strome will not get a QO and will become a UFA.

Chicago trying desperately to suck bad enough in order to get a chance at Bedard ......  I will be thoroughly pi$$$$$$ed if the Hawks land #1 overall at next years draft.

7 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

The Chicago Blackhawks are hellbent on purging themselves of talented players in their 20s. Dylan Strome will not get a QO and will become a UFA.

Chicago trying desperately to suck bad enough in order to get a chance at Bedard ......  I will be thoroughly pi$$$$$$ed if the Hawks land #1 overall at next years draft.

Does seem like they aren't even hiding the fact they are gonna tank, eh?

The draft lottery is SUPPOSED to discourage that, as even a tanking team could still end up picking 4th or 5th, but amazing how past 'neutral' lotteries have worked out....stars and constellations seem to align just right for certain teams (and the NHL :shifty: ), out of nowhere.....

At any rate, this may also be the ONLY way to actually get Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews off the Chicago books, as those two have long said they'd like to be Hawks for life.
I assume they were thinking the Hawks would always try to be contenders, and this tear down will most assuredly send them to their agents asking for an out to go play for a contender.

An interesting one: Burns could join the Stars if he wishes so and GM Grier will made everything he can to accomodate him. With three years remaining at $8M AAV, The Sharks would retain salary and there would some cap gym to do. But According to LeBrun, Dallas is the landing spot #1 if he moves out of San Jose.

In the Stars' perspective, having Burns would fill the big hole on the right side, follwing Klingberg's departure. He's still a defensive liability (no change compared to Klingberg) but he could join former teammate Pavelski and former coach DeBoer. Still, I always liked him since his minnesota days and I'd definitely try this move.

And again, buy out Suter.

4 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Lebrun reported that Brett Burns is going to the Hurricanes no other details yet

I really hope this doesn't open the doors to Petry in Dallas...