DeBrincat traded to Ottawa

• Ottawa has acquired Alex DeBrincat from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for three draft picks. 

The Blackhawks will receive the No. 7 and No. 39 picks in the 2022 NHL Draft as well as a third-round selection in 2024. "Alex's acquisition brings immediate and additional firepower to our forward group," said Senators GM Pierre Dorion.

"He's a dynamic forward who's a scoring threat to the opponent when in the attacking zone. He maintains great vision, has exceptional skill and a quality shot which helps him score from virtually any part of the ice. He's a consistent performer and an underrated playmaker who Senators' fans are certain to enjoy watching play in Ottawa."

56 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

• Ottawa has acquired Alex DeBrincat from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for three draft picks. 

The Blackhawks will receive the No. 7 and No. 39 picks in the 2022 NHL Draft as well as a third-round selection in 2024. "Alex's acquisition brings immediate and additional firepower to our forward group," said Senators GM Pierre Dorion.

"He's a dynamic forward who's a scoring threat to the opponent when in the attacking zone. He maintains great vision, has exceptional skill and a quality shot which helps him score from virtually any part of the ice. He's a consistent performer and an underrated playmaker who Senators' fans are certain to enjoy watching play in Ottawa."

That is a pathetic return for a 24 yr old 50 goal scorer. There are players half as talented who were traded for much more at the trade deadline over the years.  Chicago should have waited.

DeBrincat traded to Senators by Blackhawks for three draft picks

Chicago receives first-, second-round selections in 2022, third-round choice in 2024 for forward

NHL.com @NHLdotcom
 4:29 PM
  • cut.jpg

Alex DeBrincat was traded to the Ottawa Senators by the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday for three draft picks, including the No. 7 pick in the 2022 Upper Deck NHL Draft.

Chicago also received a second-round pick in 2022 (No. 39) and a third-round pick in 2024.

The 24-year-old forward had 78 points in 82 games this season and led Chicago with 41 goals to tie his NHL career high set in 2018-19. He has one season remaining on a three-year, $19.2 million contract (average annual value $6.4 million) he signed Oct. 3, 2019, and then can become a restricted free agent.

"Alex's acquisition brings immediate and additional firepower to our forward group," Senators general manager Pierre Dorion said. "He's a dynamic forward who's a scoring threat when in the offensive zone. He maintains great vision, has exceptional skill and a quality shot, which helps him score from virtually any part of the ice. He's a consistent performer and an underrated playmaker who Senators fans are certain to enjoy watching play in Ottawa."

The first round of the 2022 draft is at Bell Centre in Montreal on Thursday (7 p.m. ET; ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS). Rounds 2-7 will be Friday (11 a.m. ET; NHLN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS).

"Although we didn't have a first pick in the draft until today, our scouting staff has been anticipating this scenario," Blackhawks general manager Kyle Davidson said. "I have been clear in my desire to move into the first round, and we are excited to move up and make a pick this evening."

DeBrincat, who played in the NHL All Star Game this season, was a second-round pick (No. 39) in the 2016 NHL Draft. He has 307 points (160 goals, 147 assists) in 368 regular-season games and six points (two goals, four assists) in nine Stanley Cup Playoff games.

"We thank Alex for his tireless dedication to the Blackhawks organization over the last five seasons and wish him the best in Ottawa," Davidson said.

"It was an incredibly difficult decision to trade a player of Alex's caliber. We feel as if this move sets the Blackhawks up for future success by giving us additional flexibility and future talent.

Securing this early of a first-round pick for tonight and an additional second-round selection tomorrow allows us to fortify our prospect base with high-end players who we expect to be difference-makers in the coming years."

Ottawa just fleeced Chicago bad LOL

on the other hand, this makes Ottawa players more valuable next year in Fantasy. Batherson is elite and Tkachuk is excellent, so now they have 3 solid wingers and Stuezle can play line 1 or 2 with several solid players

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Ottawa just fleeced Chicago bad LOL

on the other hand, this makes Ottawa players more valuable next year in Fantasy. Batherson is elite and Tkachuk is excellent, so now they have 3 solid wingers and Stuezle can play line 1 or 2 with several solid players

funny my brain was just thinking FHL … 

Sens may now score …. But who will stop the puck!!! LOL …. Inquiring minds want to know! 😁

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Sens may now score …. But who will stop the puck!!! LOL …. Inquiring minds want to know! 😁

My team sucks lately so Fantasy is all I think about lol

The georgiev trade to Colorado just changed the game too. I have Francouz in 2 keep 5 leagues and he will likely get 65% of Colorado's starts lol

8 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

oh you know me, +/- is the stat I never give a crap about LOL

its controllable to a degree, but everyone wants players from the good teams first and I never have early picks because i trade my picks away

Last year i grabbed several sharks, Sens and Blue Jackets, and hell, even some Buffalo guys. Some of them Paid off. but my +/- had to be near league worst