2022-23 HF.net Sweet 16 Hall of Fame FHL - In Season Discussion Thread

pilldoc

31 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Weird.  On my screen it's all XXX's   Does it keep the X's when I quote it?  It does on my end, but not sure of yours.

We actually pulled this on someone in another forum. Dude was arguing with like 10 people about nonsense, so in a PM, I convinced 8 of them to join in. I even photoshopped a post of his to look like XXXXXX.

I should do that to HJ one of these days

• Haha 1

Just now, J0e Th0rnton said:

We actually pulled this on someone in another forum. Dude was arguing with like 10 people about nonsense, so in a PM, I convinced 8 of them to join in. I even photoshopped a post of his to look like XXXXXX.

Why not. Someone else go share this pic

2022-11-14-1.jpg

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

This was actually a reference from the old board in which we had HJ on the hook over two days.   Oh my God, it got hysterical.

I don't know that he'll fall for it now, because we've occasionally tried since.  To the point where if he really did have a problem, he'd never believe us.  LOL

But take a shot!

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

This was actually a reference from the old board in which we had HJ on the hook over two days.   Oh my God, it got hysterical.

I don't know that he'll fall for it now, because we've occasionally tried since.  To the point where if he really did have a problem, he'd never believe us.  LOL

But take a shot!

I'm good at photoshop. Go post that pic in the thread he made lol

29 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I will never forget how he molested admin... actually more than us. He was sending him a note after note screaming in capital letters WHY DID YOU BAN ME? WHAT DID I DO WRONG?  ANSWER ME, DAMN IT!!! 

Edited by Mad Dog
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

I will never forget how he molested admin... actually more than us. He was sending him a note after note screaming in capital letters WHY DID YOU BAN ME? WHAT DID I DO WRONG?  ANSWER ME, DAMN IT!!! 

Hahahahaha

I'm sitting here laughing like an idiot.   Ah, man, that was a good time.  @J0e Th0rnton, he's not exaggerating.  He may actually be underselling.  It was really something to watch the melt down.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Hahahahaha

I'm sitting here laughing like an idiot.   Ah, man, that was a good time.  @J0e Th0rnton, he's not exaggerating.  He may actually be underselling.  It was really something to watch the melt down.

No need to explain. I used to be a regular goon at Somethingawful and I enjoy watching creative trolling a lot lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

No need to explain. I used to be a regular goon at Somethingawful and I enjoy watching creative trolling a lot lol.

I will never forget how in his endless plea to admin for imaginary unbanning, Rick was repeating "Do the needful!  Do the needful!" LOL  And we were telling him something like 'Rick, I think you've angered them like nobody did before, and looks like they banned you for life'...... which made him lose it even more and keep fricking out. He was sending people private messages asking if people can now see his comments and posts, and we were all saying "Sorry man, still xxxx xxxx x xxxx x xxxx xxx". LOL

This was truly priceless. I *literally* rolled on the floor laughing, scaring people who lived with me. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

I will never forget how in his endless plea to admin for imaginary unbanning, Rick was repeating "Do the needful!  Do the needful!" LOL  And we were telling him something like 'Rick, I think you've angered them like nobody did before, and looks like they banned you for life'...... which made him lose it even more and keep fricking out. He was sending people private messages asking if people can now see his comments and posts, and we were all saying "Sorry man, still xxxx xxxx x xxxx x xxxx xxx". LOL

This was truly priceless. I *literally* rolled on the floor laughing, scaring people who lived with me. 

Those where the good ol'days ... LOL  .. I laughing hard now just thinking about it.  LOL

I really wanted to do that do FireDill ...LOL  .... see his head freaking explode!  XXXXXXX XX XX XXXXXXX!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I really wanted to do that do FireDill ...LOL  .... see his head freaking explode!  XXXXXXX XX XX XXXXXXX!

Good lord, you're drinking the kool aid.  You're not even a real troll fan.  I have very inside information that you spelled that wrong.   It's supposed to be xxxxxxx xx xxxxxxx xx.

• Haha 3

Holy crap. Sometimes my powers amaze even me.

I picked up Merzlekins for a spot start so I could improve my chances of making minimum starts with Anderson being out.  He lasted a period and a half before injuring himself pining for the fjords.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 3

Does anyone actually heed the "add/drop" or "trade suggestions" Yahoo puts out for you?

I mean, some of them are a bit 'off'....but the majority of these suggestion are downright stupid!
I have YET to look at that, and go, "You know, that seems like it might work".

And Yahoo would charge 35 US dollars a year for more in-depth services using that?
Sounds shady to me.

I think those Code Monkeys have side rackets going on and, like those Nigerians that send you bank note emails, are trying desperately to get people to buy in! 😄

6 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Does anyone actually heed the "add/drop" or "trade suggestions" Yahoo puts out for you?

I mean, some of them are a bit 'off'....but the majority of these suggestion are downright stupid!

And Yahoo would charge 35 US dollars a year for more in-depth services using that?
Sounds shady to me.

I think those Code Monkeys have side rackets going on and, like those Nigerians that send you bank note emails, are trying desperately to get people to buy in! 😄

Funny I was just thinking similar the other day.  They've had it for several years and you're right:  the best they get is "a bit off."  I completely stopped paying attention and it's largely become screen noise, but every once in awhile it catches my attention--like the other day--and I audibly say "wudaphuc?" and look at several and think "that's what Rick must use!"

Seriously, i have know idea who could possibly be spending money on that.

• Like 1

For only $49.95 you can get Yahoo Auto Tips. Join literally tens of people who consistently win their office step challenge!  Get expert advice, like:

Tires ---> cinder blocks

Gasoline ---> turkey gravy

Hoke Colburn ---> Danny Heatley

Child Car Seat ---> Hefty Bag

Act now and arrive to the funeral before your friends. Make them cry!

Yahoo is not responsible for the content of this ad. Results may vary. Consult reality for details. Drive responsibly by drinking only light beer before operating a motor vehicle. Void where prohibited. 

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

For only $49.95 you can get Yahoo Auto Tips. Join literally tens of people who consistently win their office step challenge!  Get expert advice, like:

Tires ---> cinder blocks

Gasoline ---> turkey gravy

Hoke Colburn ---> Danny Heatley

Child Car Seat ---> Hefty Bag

Act now and arrive to the funeral before your friends. Make them cry!

Yahoo is not responsible for the content of this ad. Results may vary. Consult reality for details. Drive responsibly by drinking only light beer before operating a motor vehicle. Void where prohibited. 

i read your entire post with “fast talking tv ad guy’s” voice in my head! 😄

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Sounds shady to me.

Anyone who pays attention to their add/drop or even player rankings is home early in April. I guess as a tool and not an end all be all it might be something to use but if you use it for more than five percent of your decision making you are wasting your time.

• Like 1

Just now, ruxpin said:

You suck with "Wolf of Wall Street"   lol

On a fantasy forum, some guy told me he HATES people like me (taking 4 goalies in a 16 team league)

In fact I'm going to find the exact quote lol

""This is "bush league" IMO... you're playing to win a hockey pool on stock-market supply/demand ****... rather than your hockey drafting knowledge.""

I kinda laughed him off and he has disliked me ever since.

Hence "the wolf of wall street" tag for a few days lol

9 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

On a fantasy forum, some guy told me he HATES people like me (taking 4 goalies in a 16 team league)

In fact I'm going to find the exact quote lol

""This is "bush league" IMO... you're playing to win a hockey pool on stock-market supply/demand ****... rather than your hockey drafting knowledge.""

I kinda laughed him off and he has disliked me ever since.

Hence "the wolf of wall street" tag for a few days lol

Yeah, but that's the way it's done. Why not?

• Like 1