Minnesota Wild vs Colorado Avalanche, Monday 10-17-22, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

9 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Moser's a good play-by-play guy.  McNab is a good guy, but is a bit of a homer.  As a team though, they are better than many combos out there.

Nope.  Not the only problem.  But, a huge problem that Billy G has put far too much trust into, and overrated his talent immensely.

But yes.  When you're expecting dmen like Spurgeon or Dumba to be worthy of 20+ mins ATOI, there will be other problems.  Even Brodin isn't looking worthy of his 19+ mins.  And Addison looks terrible.  Even with his assists.

Yes, Moser is a really good game caller. I almost didn't notice it was an Av's team.

Besides BG's familiarity and trust with Fluery, I fear his ego may come into play here not wanting to admit putting all his chips on him. Even going back to his decision to play Fluery for the PO's.
Same goes for his defending of Dumba last year. 

26 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Sportsnet Stats@SNstats

Wild are the first team to allow 20 goals through their first 3 games of a season since the 1989-90 Red Wings.

Media is talking more about a goaltending crisis in the Wild team at this time.

While easily 1/2 the goals could be called softies, It's still a Defensive problem. 
Like last night, Letting an Av's player circle around and walk right into prime area without touched.
Then the bloop rebound by Gustavsson and the Av's player getting a stick on the rebound while 'almost' being tied up by our D. Never should've happened.
5th goal, Too much crowding around blocking Gustav's view and not moving players out of crease...Those types of things so far all 3 games.

On the plus side for the D, They seem to be putting the puck towards the goal more often instead of passing down the sides.

• Like 1

First game last night - first time ever seeing someone getting a penalty from their bench...  Also thought the now fully digitized board advertising was a bit annoying (don't care about changing images - but now they put animations on it and found that distracting as someone is breaking out)...

Anyways, they had their chances last night that's for sure...  Not a good outcome - but pretty intense game at times with Wild opportunities...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

While easily 1/2 the goals could be called softies, It's still a Defensive problem. 
Like last night, Letting an Av's player circle around and walk right into prime area without touched.
Then the bloop rebound by Gustavsson and the Av's player getting a stick on the rebound while 'almost' being tied up by our D. Never should've happened.
5th goal, Too much crowding around blocking Gustav's view and not moving players out of crease...Those types of things so far all 3 games.

On the plus side for the D, They seem to be putting the puck towards the goal more often instead of passing down the sides.

I agree defense had some problems in those games. I still think even 1/2 goals could be called softies (but 10 out of 20 in our net in 3 games) is still a lot.  Here is an example. I just looked for the 1st place in our Central Division(now is a Dallas Stars team). 3 wins so far with their goalie Ottinger who just lost one goal in each game, but he was able to stop 31 shots during the 1st game;29 shots during the 2nd game and 24 shots during the 3rd game against pretty tough teams of our Division (Nashville(2 games) and Winnipeg(1 game)).Total he stopped 84 shots in 3 games and allowed only 3 goals in his net. Their team placed 13 goals in opposite net during those games. Our Wild team didn't do bad at all too in offense. We placed 12 goals in 3 games, but, unfortunately, we lost 20. In placing shots we were not bad as well: 36 shots during the 1st game; 35 shots during the 2nd game; 39 shots during the 3rd game. Total we made 110 shots, which is much higher(31 shots more) than Dallas team made respectively(79 shots (29;21;29)) during that time. Goalies must make us better even if our defense and offense are very poor. That is their main job. Sadly, I did not see this out of both goalies during the last 3 games. I'd like to see a Wallstedt option for our team ASAP. It seems he has more motivations in wins than Fleury and Gustavsson. I also do not want to see our team at the bottom of the league with embarrassing results, because our team has a very nice potential. 

That old fart Fleury should never have been re-signed after last years playoffs. He sucked then and he still sucks now. We are seeing glimpses of what las vegas and Chicago saw that Fleury was at the end of his career. He is washed up and he blows more than the windy city...

17 hours ago, Confrontational said:

First game last night - first time ever seeing someone getting a penalty from their bench...  Also thought the now fully digitized board advertising was a bit annoying (don't care about changing images - but now they put animations on it and found that distracting as someone is breaking out)...

Anyways, they had their chances last night that's for sure...  Not a good outcome - but pretty intense game at times with Wild opportunities...

I had a crappy feed but saw that advertizing also. Especially on the breakouts. Are they actually showing on the boards for even fans to see or an overlay from the broadcast?
Either way it's getting out of hand.

28 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

I still think bringing in Wahlstead before he has half a season in the ahl would be a mistake. Even if he dominates the league, he needs at least half a season there. 

I don’t want to see him at all this year. If they brought him up that just means this team is not doing well. Why bring him into the mess and screw with his confidence. Now if they did bring him up and he’s lights out then nevermind 😎

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but Fleury won't finish the 2022-2023 campaign with a 6.5 GAA and 0.790 SV%. At some point he will rebound, he has to rebound and he MUST REBOUND BECAUSE HE'S IN MY FREAKIN' POOL DAMNIT !!!!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Starofthenorth said:

That old fart Fleury should never have been re-signed after last years playoffs. He sucked then and he still sucks now. We are seeing glimpses of what las vegas and Chicago saw that Fleury was at the end of his career. He is washed up and he blows more than the windy city...

I think they did, especially in Chicago( GAA 2.95; 19-21-5 in 45 games played there). But I am still optimistic regarding our team's potential. Let's give our team a chance on improvement including Fleury too. So far in 2 games this season his GAA is 8.37, SV% .776.

13 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

I don’t want to see him at all this year. If they brought him up that just means this team is not doing well. Why bring him into the mess and screw with his confidence. Now if they did bring him up and he’s lights out then nevermind 😎

😎. You have kind of a controversial view. You said - I don't want to see Wallstedt at all this year, but if they did bring him up and he's lights out then never mind. Which direction are you leaning more? To bring or not to bring? 😉

I would prefer to bring.

An interesting observation. Since yesterday morning till now (in less than 2 days) more than 300 views of this thread. It seems our fans are really looking for an answer what to expect from the Wild team in a next few games and this season.

Here are the lines for tomorrow game according to Michael Russo info: 

Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello;

GREENWAY-Eriksson Ek-Foligno;

Gaudreau-ROSSI-Boldy;

Jost, Steel, Shaw, Duhaime, Dewar rotating in on 4th line.

Actually Shaw they sent back to Iowa.