Game 5: Philadelphia Flyers at Nashville Predators: 10/22/22 @ 8 PM, NBCSP, ESPN+

Howie58

Greetings:

Nashville is favored (-163) despite playing under .500.  It looks like Hart versus Saros between the pipes.  Both squads are coming off road losses.  Lifetime, we're 14-8-3-5 against them:

https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/flyers-record-vs-nashville

Starting in 2017, Flyer wins get scarce.  That's probably a good assessment of the O and B's recent development.  

Edited by Howie58

• Howie58 changed the title to Game 5: Philadelphia Flyers at Nashville Predators: 10/22/22 @ 8 PM, NBCSP, ESPN+

Hart is making up for slop. But the Flyers have shown some streaks of offensive competence. I watched Tort's pre-game. He sees more bad than good in his team. They are resilient but spend too much time in their own zone. Our faceoffs suck. 

3 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Hart is making up for slop. But the Flyers have shown some streaks of offensive competence. I watched Tort's pre-game. He sees more bad than good in his team. They are resilient but spend too much time in their own zone. Our faceoffs suck. 

I left out the faceoffs could be better.

This team still needs a few pieces.

5 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Hart is making up for slop.

I can neither confirm or deny this.

I haven't been glued to the couch been going between the game and college football.

2-0

Is all I know. Alot of skating not much excitement.

• Like 1

This was pretty ugly.  But two points is two points.  If you had asked me if we'd be 4-1 to start the season, I'd have said there was too much Merlot in your system...or mine.  Let's see if we are favored against San Jose tomorrow night.    Maybe the bookies will show more respect.  

• Good Post 1

Simple question, and I know it's early, but what's behind Hart's good play? I mean, we all agree this lineup is worse than it was. It obviously needs help. The defense is lambasted on here ad nauseum, with non stop trade suggestions for pretty much all of them. So if the team is bad, the defense a joke, but the goalie is playing better....is it coaching?

12 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Lazy penalty by JVR

Never read those words before here.

I'm a terrible liar. I can't wait till he is gone.

Man all this winning isn't giving the negative Nancie's here much to talk about.

Ole goalie coach hater isn't happy i'm sure kicking the dog at home.

I know they must be lurking and practicing their lines groping their key board real tight waiting for the first back to back losses to someone.

I knew Bedard was never in the cards for them might as well purge and let the kids play and develop.

4-1-0.

San Jose Sharts are next @mojo1917 team. Keep the winning going.

:beer:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Howie58 said:

He's a good guy.  He has three assists and is -2.  

You know he'll have to score his first goal.

Looks like they are on the Bedard tank program why mess that up can't blame the tanking for a star.

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Never read those words before here.

I'm a terrible liar. I can't wait till he is gone.

Man all this winning isn't giving the negative Nancie's here much to talk about

Can't stand JVR. He's a cancer. He makes Laughton look like #16 to me 

To your second point... I just hope our family of posters here keep it in perspective and don't get too carried away with their emotion (guilty). They are winning. None of us expected it. If they end up with an overall winning season, Torts has to be given credit. The small sample size isn't enough to really get a read on what this team is.

I just like that they are interesting and fight hard on the ice. Makes me proud, and gives me hope....or maybe I'm just suffering from Philles/Eagles euphoria

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

4 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I just like that they are interesting and fight hard on the ice.

Yes this builds character and it is what we every team to do regardless of skill level. Sure they don't have a lot right now but the foundation is being built and as older guys go out and younger ones come in it gives them something to build on.

Brick by brick it is being built. A lot of talent on the team won't be here where they eventually get to where they are trying to go.

Doesn't mean the steps to get there doesn't count. No one expected them to be 4-1 right now. And i have to say i really have no expectations for this season they are still in transition. And the old saying Rome wasn't built in a day rings true here.

All they need to do is keeping grinding and skating and i think that is Torts main reason for the conditioning you have to be able to skate first with the best teams and they are doing/done that. 

And great goaltending can go along ways.

• Like 1

Here's a thought. Maybe the team was too reliant on Giroux and Coots. Other people have to step up. Torts is the facilitator. 

It's going to be interesting to see the line shuffling when Tippett and Coots are back. I hope Hayes stays at 1 to preserve Coots. He has shouldered too much on his career, and probably shortened it.

• Like 2