Minnesota Wild vs Carolina Hurricanes, Saturday 11-19-22, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Michael Russo

@RussoHockey

#mnwild hold Carolina to 2 3rd-period shots and Sam Steel forces overtime, then assists on Alex Goligoski's 3rd overtime winner on the night he was 7th D in 1,000 game celebration.

Snaps 3-game winless streak.

3-5-1 at home this season.

Winnipeg comes Wednesday.

I will add also that Kirill Kaprizov made his 20th point from this game in 18 played games this season.  

• Like 2

Gustavsson did play pretty well.  He kept the team in it long enough to win.  He held them to one goal, if he doesn't do that...we probably can't dig out of a 2-goal deficit with scoring where's currently at.  Good point @Tomdog

Do you think Goligoski's dad decision to wear a Pittsburgh sweater to the game was a bit of a subtle slam to the Wild?  Kudos to Goligoski for being honest about how tough its been for him to sit out.  I'm sure there were a myriad of emotions running through his mind all game long.  

8 hours ago, Tomdog said:

What no one talked about. 
our goalie played well. 

steel with kap and zuc was good. 
duhaime with eek and Foligno was good. 
Dumba looks slow, out pf position and just plane bad. Seems like he can’t skate?

Didn't want to jinx anything. ;)

He pretty much shook off last game and reyurned to his other games form.
That game had the feeling that at any point late in the 3rd, No matter how we were dominating, That Canes would get a sloppy goal and deflate us entirely.
But we turned the tables.

How about we healthy scratch Dumba like Gogs and see what happens?

20 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Didn't want to jinx anything. ;)

He pretty much shook off last game and reyurned to his other games form.
That game had the feeling that at any point late in the 3rd, No matter how we were dominating, That Canes would get a sloppy goal and deflate us entirely.
But we turned the tables.

How about we healthy scratch Dumba like Gogs and see what happens?

I wouldn't have a problem with us scratching Dumba, but I'm going to guess that the coaching staff likes that he's throwing his body around.  IMO, I think the odd man out might be Addison.  He didn't play too much last night.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

No I think the Penguins colors are more respect, as that's where he won the cup.

Maybe, but I think with the team having scratched him so many times leading up to the ceremony that had to be more than a bit awkward for everyone.  I can see the parents being a bit resentful over that too.  

52 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Maybe, but I think with the team having scratched him so many times leading up to the ceremony that had to be more than a bit awkward for everyone.  I can see the parents being a bit resentful over that too.  

I didn't realize he had been healthy scratched so much as I was focusing on Addison and Merril and how they were playing. 
Hopefully the family was given decent notice that this was the game set for him to play and have the ceremony so they didn't have to rush plans.
Given Gogs has been in the league so long that the parents would know this is kind of SOP for teams and shouldn't be too salty about it.
Reminds me of Jamie Benn, I almost forgot he was on our team last year until injuries gave him more playing time. 😁

One would think Gogs would start the next game because of this last one, But I'll bet they go back to the same 6.
Nothing wrong with cycling in a few and having Addison or Dumba sit out a game or 2 now and then.

I just looked for Sam Steel stats at eliteprospects link. He (1st round pick; #30 overall) played for 4 seasons at Anaheim Ducks team. Interesting observation, he placed in each 4 seasons 6 goals per season, when played there 22 games; 65 games ; 42 games; 68 games respectively. This season with the Wild team he has 3 goals already in 18 played games.  Hopefully, with our team he will be able to beat his 6 goals record if he will play more in a 1st line with Kaprizov and Zuccarello. It seems he has a nice potential.

• Good Post 1