Game 42: Washington Capitals at Philadelphia Flyers; 1/11/23 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

“….and we owe so much of our success this year to Chuck Fletcher, our GM, who had some tough breaks with all the injuries … yet still managed to deliver us a roster that, led by an All-Star center, has a lot of potential … next year we’re looking at actually making the playoffs…I’m really excited by the great pickup of Milan Lucic, and signing him for the next 4 years…”

With that Tortorella stops, excuses himself, then vomits all over the podium.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Yes and at the TD too. Looks like Fletcher will still be GM and lord help us if the Flyers are still within shouting distance of a PO spot. Lots of “great” rentals will be available.

I know they've made many bad decisions, but we will not be trading for rentals. We will trade JVR. Don't know about any others, hard to say, but that'll happen. 

40 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

I know they've made many bad decisions, but we will not be trading for rentals. We will trade JVR. Don't know about any others, hard to say, but that'll happen. 

I think you're right.  They won't be trading for rentals.   I do see them trading JVR & Braun.  It wouldn't surprise me if they end up moving Hayes as well by retaining some salary.

7 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

No clue what he was thinking there...just a terrible pass. 

I think Risto has spending time with him coaching him on what to do in his own end....next we'll see Ivan run into the glass and check himself and then we'll know the task is complete - Chuck's vision.

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

They could stand to suck a little more IMO, because Adam Fantilli or that Carlsson could be franchise changers too.

Flyers could use Matvei Michkov too but i am sure as soon as they draft him he'll been shipped to Ukraine and killed in a HIMIR attack.

Especially with their luck with Russian players the last decade...it seems like destiny.

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

6 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

No one seriously expects this to happen.

But there is the fact that there's a non-zero chance of it not happening.

Kind of like some sort of lottery...

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Flyers could use Matvei Michkov too but i am sure as soon as they draft him he'll been shipped to Ukraine and killed in a HIMIR attack.

Especially with their luck with Russian players the last decade...it seems like destiny.

Too dark man, too dark. 

(although I did have this same thought myself a few months back)

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Maybe he runs like Kaprizov otherwise I have seen first hand the Flyers bad luck.

Ya, we all have, and Michkov has certainly become the uncertainty pick but maybe that'll be the bright side of picking around 10th (the way things are going). He will be long gone. 

• Like 1