Game 55: Seattle Kraken at Philadelphia Flyers; 2/12/23 @ 1:00 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

53 minutes ago, radoran said:

The problem is that - yes - the Flyers have a nice group of young players. But they also have three seasons committed to guys who are in the way.

If this year doesn't show that many expensive veteran guys aren't worth keeping solely in the interests of some lunatic "spend to the cap" maxim then I don't know what does.

The team doesn't NEED Atkinson/Ellis - or even Couturier, Provorov, and... Sanheim!?!?

"Laughts" can be the $3M transitional captain and "Catsey" can be the first line center and they can clear out a bunch of dead wood and cap space and set a foundation upon which to build instead of continually trying to "compete for a Stanley Cup."

Stop planning to compete for one. Start planning to win the bloody thing.

As it is they are the same  bubbling middling "definitely a playoff team" they've been for ten freaking years.

:hocky:

No argument from here.  This is dead-on accurate.

19 hours ago, tucson83 said:

and so what if we do win the cup the way we are doing it right now,

:huh: :facepalm:

Lets see, we currently have the 15th most wins in the conference, 9 points back of a wild card with SEVEN teams in front of us, coming off back to back 6-2 throttlings from an expansion team and one below us in the standings, a managment team that "goes for it' by aquiring players nobody else wants, sees the reason nobody wants them, then proceeds to sign them to long term contracts. We have no "star" prospects, locked in cap hell for years, a GM that refuses to rebuild...win the cup? LAUGH MY @#$%ing ARSE OFF!!!!

You either have no clue what good hockey looks like or you're a hell of a troll. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

:huh: :facepalm:

Lets see, we currently have the 15th most wins in the conference, 9 points back of a wild card with SEVEN teams in front of us, coming off back to back 6-2 throttlings from an expansion team and one below us in the standings, a managment team that "goes for it' by aquiring players nobody else wants, sees the reason nobody wants them, then proceeds to sign them to long term contracts. We have no "star" prospects, locked in cap hell for years, a GM that refuses to rebuild...win the cup? LAUGH MY @#$%ing ARSE OFF!!!!

You either have no clue what good hockey looks like or you're a hell of a troll. 

you lack  common sense on how the draft works, because if we tank every year, it means stars every year, clearly you lack any knowledge on draft classes, you can draft duds next year and year next and still be in the lottery, you have no patience. im telling you again and again, it's a draft lottery meaning you get nothing if you are worst team.

im going to ask you something why are rooting for this team? if you hate them so much, what waste your miserable life on this team and complain about it like something is change when it's not? because the franchise isnt going to tank, that's it. they will never do it, so either you deal with it or you dont.

you are the one that's trolling because all doing is attacking posters that's speaking the truth and you have no guts to leave.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Or else he has entirely bought into the Anything Can Happen "plan."

@tucson83 that's not meant as a criticism and I'm not taking sides in your argument - because I don't understand your argument. Is it based on ACH? Basically what the Flyers have been doing for 30-odd years?

37 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

you lack  common sense on how the draft works, because if we tank every year, it means stars every year, clearly you lack any knowledge on draft classes, you can draft duds next year and year next and still be in the lottery, you have no patience. im telling you again and again, it's a draft lottery meaning you get nothing if you are worst team.

im going to ask you something why are rooting for this team? if you hate them so much, what waste your miserable life on this team and complain about it like something is change when it's not? because the franchise isnt going to tank, that's it. they will never do it, so either you deal with it or you dont.

you are the one that's trolling because all doing is attacking posters that's speaking the truth and you have no guts to leave.

Yes, I know how the draft works.

I've been a Flyer fan since Bobby Clarkes heyday....I have no patience?!? Patience IS ALL I HAVE as a fan of this team.

I don't hate the team...I can't stand our management. 

They've been using this "buy a cup" method since the 70s. They haven't won since the 70s. 

Maybe its time for a change?

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 1