Minnesota Wild vs Columbus Blue Jackets, Sunday 2-26-23, 1:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

I am just glad Kaprizov realized he wasn't going to get much help so he just took the initiative himself.  Seeing him attempt to feed pucks to guys like Dumba was just painful.  Boldy has sat at 16 goals a really long time.  

Still, they should not have let a game reach overtime against a last place team like Columbus.  

I think Boldy needs a nice offensively minded center forward too to start producing again. 

I agree they should not have let a game reach OT against Columbus, but at the end of the game we have got an important valuable 2 points at this intense time of the regular season. Glad that Kaprizov has another historic Wild record on producing the most PP goals (16 now) per season. 

Michael Russo

@RussoHockey

18h

#mnwild become the last NHL team to have a multi-goal comeback after tying for league-lead with 9 last year.

Kaprizov did it all: 3 goals, OT winner, 8 shots, 15 attempted.

They're 6-1-2 in their past 9.

Fleury's 538th win (22 saves); Merzlikins made 42.

Michael Russo

@RussoHockey

17h

Per NHL stats, Kaprizov is the fifth player in NHL history to conclude a natural hat trick with the overtime winner (Hertl, Vanek, Elias, Broten).

Michael Russo

@RussoHockey

18h

Kaprizov hat trick, the third of his career, and he ties Matt Dumba's team record for his 6th OT goal of his career. From Addison and Zuccarello with 19.9 left.

Right after the game yesterday I was doing ice fishing and I was very surprised how other fishermen in the middle of the lake were discussing so loud for a long time about the crazy come back game; OT win and Kaprizov's hat trick...  But I was not surprised at all that I didn't catch any fish as well as those fishermen too, probably, because even fish were listening attentively their such a loud discussion about the game. It seems these Wild wins are developing more interest to the Minnesota state hockey. We need them more. Tomorrow we will play on our home ice against a tough New York Islanders team which won last game over Jets with a score 4:0. Probably that team is already in the city and ready to play against us. 

3 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Tomorrow we will play on our home ice against a tough New York Islanders team which won last game over Jets with a score 4:0. Probably that team is already in the city and ready to play against us. 

We rallied for 3 3rd period goals vs them ( sound familiar ;) ) on their ice the last time we played NYI.
Gustavsson was in net also, So I hope by that result he gets the start again.