Huge shift, if true: senior advisors not consulted on recent GM change.

Samifan

51 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Me either. When I was reading it "spin control" kept flashing in my mind

They (wisemen) didn't want Briere but Holmgren is his mentor?

Makes a ton of sense. Also, if they aren't consulted on a decision like this, why again do they have a job?

I believe it because of this:

Brière, when asked if the three legacy advisers would continue to influence policies, made clear that he does not need and will not heed those voices.

I don’t know at this point. I am not sure,” he said. “We’ll see moving forward with what happens there.” (emphasis mine)

That is a revealing answer. If this story was all b.s. Briere’s answer would’ve sounded ….well we all know exactly how it would’ve sounded. Has the unthinkable FINALLY happened? Let us bow our heads and pray. It’s about f#+&$ time!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I believe it because of this:

Brière, when asked if the three legacy advisers would continue to influence policies, made clear that he does not need and will not heed those voices.

I don’t know at this point. I am not sure,” he said. “We’ll see moving forward with what happens there.” (emphasis mine)

That is a revealing answer. If this story was all b.s. Briere’s answer would’ve sounded ….well we all know exactly how it would’ve sounded. Has the unthinkable FINALLY happened? Let us bow our heads and pray. It’s about f#+&$ time!

I think you really want to believe it, and I dont blame you. But the statement you quoted from Briere doesn't say anything.  It's just more nondescript nonsense you get from people in that position 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CoachX said:

But the statement you quoted from Briere doesn't say anything. 

I think it’s obvious what he would’ve said if the 3 Amigos were still expecting to call the shots. Instead he flat out says he’s not sure what their role will be. My goodness can you imagine any other Flyers’ GM, when asked directly about them, not giving his full-throated support? I can’t. To me this is a sea change.