Game 75: Buffalo Sabres at Philadelphia Flyers; 4/1/23 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

The O and B are mild favorites (-101) against a defensively challenged Buffalo squad:

https://pickdawgz.com/nhl-picks/2023-04-01/sabres-vs-flyers-prediction-nhl-picks-4-1-23

We've beaten them twice this season.  Can we sweep?  They have a good power play.  Otherwise, not such a hot squad:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/buf-vs-phi/2023/04/01/2022021206

I am not sure about Hart's status.  

They played their shiny new goalie against the Rangers so we probably face Eric Comrie who is less than special. They are fast and talented but soft as butter. Their biggest goal scorer Tage Thompson is injured I think. Play them as we did before and we can beat them. Clog things up in the middle and force the play to the wall, get in front of the net and push them around a little. They struggle when they face that sort of game. If we play loose and wide open they will destroy us. 

14 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Travis Konecny is back in ... means he'll probably hit 30+ goals this season.

wonder what the Boos were about during the Steve Coates tribute ... hopefully for Hayes.

I think it was a Coots chant as he came out to give someone in Coates family flowers

I sure hope Frost isn't the new JVR...

...lighting the lamp when the season is already over. I know we are waiting for him to break out.

End the season like this is going to set him up for some big expectations i hope he is ready to fulfill next season.

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I sure hope Frost isn't the new JVR...

In fairness, if they keep him and he pots 30 a couple of times, I'll take it. :hocky:

Fletchgren would trade him for Ekholm or sign him for eight years.

He is begging for a team friendly 2-3 year bridge deal.

1 minute ago, radoran said:

In fairness, if they keep him and he pots 30 a couple of times, I'll take it. :hocky:

Fletchgren would trade him for Ekholm or sign him for eight years.

He is begging for a team friendly 2-3 year bridge deal.

I just want him to bring that same energy come next October thru April of next year.

They can not waste time with another soft streaky goal scorer/playmaker like JVR was - 30 goals or not they need impact players if they want to turn this thing around.

He can be a big part of the team going forward. I hope he is because they are very thin at center. And Coots is well...Coots.

• Like 1

Frost’s basically “arrived” now and (as you say) just needs to bring it every night. There’s no reason to think he won’t continue playing the same way. He is as far from a JVR/Hayes type as there is.

One area that needs improvement is his decision-making when he’s rushing the puck. He’s got the Voracek gene and he has to tame it. Also more muscle wouldn’t hurt. Whatever he can do to bulk up his smallish frame will certainly help.

Defensively he’s been very good all year but especially the 2nd half. He’s a keeper. 

edit: I was as skeptical as anyone about Frost’s readiness to be a top 6 NHL center. This season he earned the position. It’s up to him to keep it. Hit the gym Morgan!

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 2