Game 80: Boston Bruins at Philadelphia Flyers; 4/9/23 @ 6 PM, TNT

Howie58

Greetings:

The Bruins are favored (-300) and aiming for a record 63rd win as we stagger to the finish.  

https://freepicks.picksandparlays.net/more-free-picks/nhl-picks/boston-bruins-at-philadelphia-flyers-4923-nhl-picks-and-predictions

We've lost both outings against Boston this year.  Stats-wise, we are polar opposites.  Maybe we play the Easter Bunny in goal. 

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/bos-vs-phi/2023/04/09/2022021273

Edited by Howie58

2 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Team on the verge of making history vs a team of kids & lazy vets, what could go wrong.

If I’m Tortorella, I’m evaluating the game from home today.

Give Up GIF by STARZ

I say leave JVR, Hayes, Ristolainen, Deangelo and Bellows out the entire game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brewin Flames said:

Sorry guys....

But i'm hoping for the bruins to just stomp them, and go home.

YES! I hope they hang a ten spot on the Flyers today. A good humiliation is just what the doctor ordered to expedite getting rid of half this roster. I just hope I don’t have to watch the game on mute because my only option is the Boston feed. 

I refuse to listen to Dick Edwards. I’m sure he’s been even more condescending and douchy after the season Boston is having. 

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 3

Just now, Cheesesteak said:

let's check in... 

Funny Little Bunnies GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Nope, doesn't look too motivated haha

Dear Cheesesteak,

Remember, Torts has eliminated practice for the rest of the season.  There are voluntary morning skates.  Maybe he is in route.  Those ears might be good shot blocking props.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Sorry guys....

But i'm hoping for the bruins to just stomp them, and go home.

Come on now you know the B's are quaking in their skates to face this juggernaut Chuck has put together!!!

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Come on now you know the B's are quaking in their skates to face this juggernaut Chuck has put together!!!

Nope, bruins are going with an AHL roster today....disrespectful, pehaps, but the playoff await, guys needs rest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Samifan said:

YES! I hope they hang a ten spot on the Flyers today. A good humiliation is just what the doctor ordered to expedite getting rid of half this roster. I just hope I don’t have to watch the game on mute because my only option is the Boston feed. 

I refuse to listen to Dick Edwards. I’m sure he’s been even more condescending and douchy after the season Boston is having. 

Not an edwards fan, he knows the game, extremely knowledgeable, but his blatant bruins homerism sucks...

He's been extra douchy this year.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Nope, bruins are going with an AHL roster today....disrespectful, pehaps, but the playoff await, guys needs rest.

And it doesn't matter i think if the Flyers win or lose i don't think they can improve their drop in the standings they are locked into the 7th pick.

I could be wrong but what i expect either way. Hayes will look good in the black and gold for next year.

14 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Ok as soon as i posted my last post i found this.

Made the mistake of tuning into the TNT pregame show. (They are trying so hard to be like TNT’s NBA studio show). Friggin Keith Yandle is a panelist and of course defending his best bud Hayes. Accuses Tortorella of playing mind games with Hayes and said every team in the league would love to have Hayes on their roster. 

STFU “Former Ironman”

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Made the mistake of tuning into the TNT pregame show. (They are trying so hard to be like TNT’s NBA studio show). Friggin Keith Yandle is a panelist and of course defending his best bud Hayes. Accuses Tortorella of playing mind games with Hayes and said every team in the league would love to have Hayes on their roster. 

STFU “Former Ironman”

I muted the presentation.  This team is annoying and Bruins-focused. Sickening.