Round 1, Game 4: Minnesota Wild vs Dallas Stars, Sunday 4-23-23, 5:30pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Aside from the bogus reffing, the bottom line is, someone OTHER than Kaprizov has to start scoring regularly.
Hell, even by committee.

All those chances the Wild had, with Dallas leaving all kinds of guys open, EXCEPT, Kirill Kaprizov, whom they had covered with a wet blanket!

The minute Kap touches the puck, two sometimes three guys are  harassing him, hitting him, and just generally being a pain in his arse!
The Stars aren't caring that other guys are open....and why should they?
No one else is as dangerous and so, without anyone else getting goals, Kap is going to continue to be suffocated.

Silver lining here?
Hey, the Wild are NOT behind in the series.

Would have liked to have seen them capitalize on some one or two of their chances....AND would have liked to have seen less incompetence with the officiating...but when you don't score, and everything is this close because of that, things have a nasty tendency to be left in the hands of the refs.

2-2 series heading back to the Lone Star State, meh, could be worse.

• Like 1

Reeves needs to play like Lou did tonight.  EVERY GAME.  Kirill is still getting hacked, held, chipped, elbowed - whatever they can do, and the calls against have been minimal.  To free him up, there must be fear.  Also, if Hartman had passed to him, I am going to believe he would have buried the backside one-timer.  Could have changed the game.  MAF better NOT be in at Dallas.  Will put us on our heels.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

This ^^
Would've been a whole different game if we cashed in on 1 or 2.

At the time Kirill missed his break away I said I hope these don’t come back to haunt them. Well they did damnit 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Aside from the bogus reffing, the bottom line is, someone OTHER than Kaprizov has to start scoring regularly.
Hell, even by committee.

He has 1 G 
He's being shut down like Robertson, But Robbie has 2 goals

The obvious glaring difference between the 2 teams is the PP. 
Yeah we got a couple so far but nothing of any threat what so ever.
Our style of play is going to get us in the box and if we at least had a decent PP to offset it, We'd be fine.

12 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Reeves needs to play like Lou did tonight.  EVERY GAME.  Kirill is still getting hacked, held, chipped, elbowed - whatever they can do, and the calls against have been minimal.  To free him up, there must be fear.  Also, if Hartman had passed to him, I am going to believe he would have buried the backside one-timer.  Could have changed the game.  MAF better NOT be in at Dallas.  Will put us on our heels.

My gut feels like it's 60-40 he does start gm 5. The brass won't want to let him sit too long and their reasoning will be the "It's how we've done it all season" 😏

7 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

My gut feels like it's 60-40 he does start gm 5. The brass won't want to let him sit too long and their reasoning will be the "It's how we've done it all season" 😏

It effin better not be 

• Like 2

I hope BG and DE read this. 
Last year they promised to improve the PP. Fail. The PP was a little better early in the year, but now it may actually be worse than last year. 
Their face offs continue to be horrid and to make it worse and the end of the game with no goalie they have their worst  face off man taking the draw against Dallas’s best. Really?

What are the odds of Fleury in net for the next game?

How long will it take for DE or BG to wake up and realize they have a coaching problem?

BG got rid of the locker room problem, now he needs to get rid of the coaching problem. 

37 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Better will not put him in game #5. Gustavsson is keeping us with a minimal score, but with Fleury we never know. Our team is not capable to score 7-8 goals in one game when Fleury is in net.

We had very disappointing penalties which led to a very disappointed loss.

Unfortunately, not happened tonight 3:1 series lead in the Wild history. Sad, sad, sad.

8 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

I hope BG and DE read this. 
Last year they promised to improve the PP. Fail. The PP was a little better early in the year, but now it may actually be worse than last year. 
Their face offs continue to be horrid and to make it worse and the end of the game with no goalie they have their worst  face off man taking the draw against Dallas’s best. Really?

What are the odds of Fleury in net for the next game?

How long will it take for DE or BG to wake up and realize they have a coaching problem?

BG got rid of the locker room problem, now he needs to get rid of the coaching problem. 

Evason will lose his job with the same speed as Army lost his job after the game of elimination during the 1st round of playoffs. How many times in our history we are not able to pass round#1? It is a real time to pass it. We have a good potential this year for doing that task: good experienced players combined with a good goalie (Gustavsson). Our fans asking not a lot - to pass 1st round of this year.