NHL 2022-23 Stanley Cup Finals - Vegas (P1) vs. Florida (WC) (Vegas wins Stanley Cup 4-1)

pilldoc

NHL 2022-23 Stanley Cup Finals - Vegas (P1) vs. Florida (WC)   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Stanley Cup?

• Knights sweep in 4
    • Knights in 5
    • Knights in 6
    • Knights in 7
    • Panthers sweep in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• pilldoc changed the title to NHL 2022-23 Stanley Cup Finals - Vegas (P1) vs. Florida (WC)
  • pilldoc unlocked this topic

Thread now open for discussion ....

(all times p,m. ET, x-if necessary)

Saturday, June 3: Knights 5 Panthers 2

Monday, June 5: Knights 7 Panthers 2

Thursday, June 8: Panthers 3 Knights 2 (OT)

Saturday, June 10: Knights 3 Panthers 2

Tuesday, June 13: Knights 9 Panthers 3

x-Friday, June 16: Vegas at Florida, 8, TNT

x-Monday, June 19: Florida at Vegas, 8, TNT

Edited by pilldoc
  • Good Post 1

My .01

I'll watch with intensity, even though i have no dog in the fight, this is great for the NHL.

A first time Cup winning franchise and head coach.....

Reason for me t want VGK to win....Obvious choice would be the Cassidy factor. I was not a fan the the bruins firing him, even though i understand why they had to, and it worked out great in the end with Monty.

Reason for me to want Florida to win...long time franchise having a cinderella season, and as a Flames fan, Chucky.

• Like 1

2023 Stanley Cup Final schedule

Golden Knights to play Panthers in championship series, which begins Saturday

https://www.nhl.com/news/stanley-cup-final-schedule-2023/c-325473296?tid=344544256

Here is the schedule for the 2023 Stanley Cup Final between the Vegas Golden Knights and Florida Panthers.

The best-of-7 series will begin Saturday in Las Vegas. All games will start at 8 p.m. ET (subject to change).

The Golden Knights advanced by defeating the Dallas Stars in six games in the Western Conference Final. The Panthers swept the Carolina Hurricanes in the best-of-7 Eastern Conference Final.

To stream games in the United States, click here:

TNT

For information about how to stream outside of the United States, click here.

2023 STANLEY CUP FINAL

Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2)

Sat., June 3: Panthers at Golden Knights; TNT, TBS, truTV, SN, CBC, TVAS

Mon., June 5: Panthers at Golden Knights; TNT, TBS, truTV, SN, CBC, TVAS

Thu., June 8: Golden Knights at Panthers; TNT, TBS, truTV, SN, CBC, TVAS

Sat., June 10: Golden Knights at Panthers; TNT, TBS, truTV, SN, CBC, TVAS

*Tue., June 13: Panthers at Golden Knights; TNT, truTV, SN, CBC, TVAS

*Fri., June 16: Golden Knights at Panthers; TNT, TBS, truTV, SN, CBC, TVAS

*Mon., June 19: Panthers at Golden Knights; TNT, TBS, truTV, SN, CBC, TVAS

* = If necessary

cut.jpg

FxWOOcHWwAM3uRQ?format=jpg&name=small

cut.jpg

FxWLwfpWAAA0y0l?format=jpg&name=small

FxWOb5xXwAUBEYD?format=jpg&name=small

FxV97oMWwAIt8c4?format=jpg&name=small

• Good Post 1

Maurice talks Panthers facing Golden Knights in Cup Final in Q&A

Coach tells NHL.com about impact in 1st season with Florida, reaching championship round for 2nd time

https://www.nhl.com/news/panthers-coach-paul-maurice-on-stanley-cup-final/c-344648374?tid=344544256

Golden Knights to play Panthers in Stanley Cup Final

Vegas defeated Stars in 6 games to advance; Florida swept Hurricanes in East

https://www.nhl.com/news/florida-panthers-to-play-vegas-golden-knights-in-stanley-cup-final/c-344574802?tid=344544256

Tkachuk, Panthers have fans, celebrities buzzing with run to Cup Final

Barkley, Koepka among those fired up over Florida's success

https://www.nhl.com/news/matthew-tkachuk-florida-panthers-have-fans-celebrities-buzzing-with-run-to-cup-final/c-344635770?tid=344544256

Original Golden Knights eager to finish job in Stanley Cup Final

Reach championship round for 1st time since inaugural season after eliminating Stars in Game 6

https://www.nhl.com/news/original-vegas-golden-knights-eager-to-finish-job-in-stanley-cup-final/c-344651602?tid=344391338

• Good Post 1

I wonder if the 'cats will have lost a little of their ju-ju with the long layoff?

They were going great, for their sake I hope the spell isn't broken by the "rest".

I think this will be an entertaining series. 

Thinking I'll be rooting for the Panthers, they have a few of my favorite players and I like the logo/color scheme better than VGK.

And if I'm honest, I'm resentful of the success VGK has had right from the jump. That's dumb I know but, here we are. 

I just hope both teams have fun.

• Like 1

Goalies: :panthers:

Defense: :panthers:

Offense: :59474cfb820e2_GoldenKnightssm:

Special teams (PP/PK): :panthers:

Coaching: :59474cfb820e2_GoldenKnightssm:

Mental: :59474cfb820e2_GoldenKnightssm:

Experience: :59474cfb820e2_GoldenKnightssm:

Robustness: :panthers:

Depth: :59474cfb820e2_GoldenKnightssm:

That Vegas team is built to win. They have four equal lines with almost all players that can adapt and exchange roles. A question mark about the special teams where Vegas has just been average. If Hill maintains his level of play, Vegas is a bit ahead IMO. Eichel is on fire, Marchessault is back on the Conn-Smythe discussion, Barbashev was a key addition; I like Carrier, Roy, Karlsson, Smith a lot, completely underrated players. Vegas in 6.

• Like 1

Florida in 7.

It feels like Bob is on a mission and is the difference.

With that said i just jinxed Ricked him and you can blame me...

:beer:

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Florida in 7.

Or will this be the jinx and not me...

FxYUHRiaUAEnNxn.jpg.06c5135493a5240992d0a3425067721f.jpg

• Haha 2

I really hope Florida wins this as said above hating on Vegas over the early success really is dumb but it’s there. 
I also hate on the LTIR play. I know it’s in the rules and others do it but the miraculous physical recovery of these guys right after the salary cap is off is just amazing. 
Math, I think you missed on one of your picks. I give the coaching edge to Florida. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

If Vegas wins will they petition the NHL to put Nolan Patrick's name on the Cup??

Asking for a friend.

:cointoss:

So...is your friend Nolan Patrick...😄?

Florida in 7.

Yeah Broboviski is the difference for me too...I mean Aiden Hill was like 3rd or 4th string if their other goalies were healthy I'd even put Quick in before Hill but we'll see I guess...I think the goalie issue for Vegas is why Edmonton and Dallas had any chance against them to begin with...

13 hours ago, Math said:

Goalies: :panthers:

Defense: :panthers:

Offense: :59474cfb820e2_GoldenKnightssm:

Special teams (PP/PK): :panthers:

Coaching: :59474cfb820e2_GoldenKnightssm:

Mental: :59474cfb820e2_GoldenKnightssm:

Experience: :59474cfb820e2_GoldenKnightssm:

Robustness: :panthers:

Depth: :59474cfb820e2_GoldenKnightssm:

That Vegas team is built to win. They have four equal lines with almost all players that can adapt and exchange roles. A question mark about the special teams where Vegas has just been average. If Hill maintains his level of play, Vegas is a bit ahead IMO. Eichel is on fire, Marchessault is back on the Conn-Smythe discussion, Barbashev was a key addition; I like Carrier, Roy, Karlsson, Smith a lot, completely underrated players. Vegas in 6.

I would give offence to Florida and Robustness to Vegas since I don't see anyone on Florida that's really tough even though Vegas doesn't have anyone tough guys either I just think overall Vegas is stronger physically...well Lomberg and Bennett can fight but their size isn't intimidating to Vegas or anyone really haha...Vegas is balanced but Florida is creative and just faster I think plus the Tkachuk factor just makes me give Florida the offensive edge here even over Eichel...I agree this ends in 6...but for Florida instead hahaha this is gonna be a good series🍻

Edited by Villella McMeans
  • Like 1

Or will this be the jinx and not me...

FxYUHRiaUAEnNxn.jpg.06c5135493a5240992d0a3425067721f.jpg

These Florida State teams just don't believe in superstition hahaha well it worked for Tampa so many times anyways...

19 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

My .01

I'll watch with intensity, even though i have no dog in the fight, this is great for the NHL.

A first time Cup winning franchise and head coach.....

Reason for me t want VGK to win....Obvious choice would be the Cassidy factor. I was not a fan the the bruins firing him, even though i understand why they had to, and it worked out great in the end with Monty.

Reason for me to want Florida to win...long time franchise having a cinderella season, and as a Flames fan, Chucky.

Yeah the Tkachuk/Bennett/Lomberg factor takes it for me too man hahaha...if I could I'd travel with Brady Tkachuk getting drunk and cheering on Tkachuky cheese...man imagine if Calgary could have kept Gaudreau/Tkachuk/Bennett...oh well🍻