**** 2023-24 MINNESOTA WILD GENERAL SEASON THREAD ****

TropicalFruitGirl26

1 hour ago, Icechipper said:

Darby Hendrickson (12th year as assistant with the Wild), goalie coach Frederic Chabot and video coaches Jonas Plumb and TJ Kendra presumably remain in their team roles. Appears there may get be an opening for another assistant, likely one Haynes can name.....

Darby is the Rasputin of Wild coaches...

Not realistic to can everyone. 
Hynes is also not definitely the coach next year. 
I would hope they do a more in-depth search for a permanent replacement. 
For now it’s time to embrace the suck and hope for the best come draft lottery time. 
Unfortunately I believe the league really wants Chicago to be a powerhouse again, so pretty sure they get the #1 overall regardless of where they finish. 

On 11/28/2023 at 10:39 AM, IllaZilla said:

Does anyone know what exactly Darby does?

According to Russo, he's really the skills teacher.  He does a lot of 1-on-1's with players in regards to drills and film work.  He's not in charge of either the PK or the PP currently, they said he has a ton of respect from the organization and that his job is interchangeable no matter who the head coach is.  They said he's the one that facilitates a lot of the drills and is out on the ice with the players and is still in playing shape.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, notfondajane said:

I have tickets for the Pens- Wild game on December 18th. I'll be behind the Wild net. I'm ready to rip Fleury a new a-hole. It would be a nice bday present if the Penguins could score 10 against him. (I apologize Wild fans I'm not a MAF fan!)

I do not think he is going to play against his former team. It would be nice if Wild will place 10 goals in Jarry's net. (I apologize I am not a Penguins as well as not a Hurricanes fan). It is enough to say anything bad about our goalie on our forum who is a candidate for the NHL Hall of Fame. It is getting very annoying to read that bothersome stuff from the fans of other teams who do not care at all about our team future and a Wild history.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alexandron said:

I do not think he is going to play against his former team. It would be nice if Wild will place 10 goals in Jarry's net. (I apologize I am not a Penguins as well as not a Hurricanes fan). It is enough to say anything bad about our goalie on our forum who is a candidate for the NHL Hall of Fame. It is getting very annoying to read that bothersome stuff from the fans of other teams who do not care at all about our team future and a Wild history.

Again I apologize for the comments. There are times I have and will root for the Wild. I do hope the Wild have success this year and beyond. 

22 hours ago, Alexandron said:

I won't be surprised if the Wild score 20 on Jarry the way the Pens are playing

Goaltending hasn't been as good this year.  What's wrong with admitting that?  We shouldn't have a problem with accepting simple facts like that.  

Fleury doesn't bother me.  He seems like he's being a good teammate and I don't think we are bending over backwards trying to make sure he passes up Patrick Roy.  

The Wild just suddenly letting go of Chris O'Hearn certainly should raise some eyebrows as he was thought to be a smart guy and Guerin's right hand man.  Apparently that dissolved quickly.  Perhaps someone is trying to scapegoat him for the dumb deals we signed.  

Oilers are impressing me now the most with their 8 wins games streak after replacing the coach. I do not have a link on YouTube, but just watched on TV about their success published about an hour ago. The name of the YouTube video is " When You Piss off the best Player in the NHL" by Hockey Psychology.

15 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Oilers are impressing me now the most with their 8 wins games streak after replacing the coach. I do not have a link on YouTube, but just watched on TV about their success published about an hour ago. The name of the YouTube video is " When You Piss off the best Player in the NHL" by Hockey Psychology.

Here is a link, which I found today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdZ_0lMqiZs

On 12/14/2023 at 11:31 AM, Alexandron said:

Here is a link, which I found today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdZ_0lMqiZs

An interesting fact happened on Thursday, December 14,2023. Tampa Bay Lightning was able to stop Oilers 8 winning games streak on that day with a score 7:4. Stamkos was able to score 4 goals in that game for the 1st time in his career. And he is the last player at this moment/so far who did this (placed 4 goals in one game) in NHL history. I started to look for the NHL records who placed the most goals in one game. Joe Malone is the only player in NHL history to score seven goals in one game, doing so for the Quebec Bulldogs on Jan. 31, 1920. No one was able to reach that record since 1920. Only 7 players in NHL history were able to net 6 goals in one game. The last player who abled to do this (6 goals in one game) was Darryl Sittler for Toronto Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins team on 02/07/1976. In that game he also had 4 assists. An interesting fact also that Darryl Sittler is the only player who had 10 points in one game. On a category of 5 goals in one game we have 52 players in NHL history. And one of them is Marian Gaborik who placed 5 goals and had 1 assist during the Wild game vs NY Rangers on 12/20/2007.

Here is a link for NHL records, who has an interest to see:

https://records.nhl.com/records/skater-records/goals/most-goals-one-game

• Like 1