**** 2023-24 MINNESOTA WILD GENERAL SEASON THREAD ****

TropicalFruitGirl26

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Heh...yea, I perused some of it.
Too much hassle to answer a bunch of questions NO ONE in the Wild organization is going to read, take notice of, or really care about if someone by chance, happened to.

I'd really be worried about a team's front office if they were concerned about random internet polls like this one.
Fortunately, they aren't.

Yea I'd be REALLY worried what a fan of another team really thought of what our front office was like.  

That would be intense...

But the point is to get a pulse of fans opinion on the team.  A survey is a pretty good way to do it.  Whether Wild management pay attention to it or not; that's not his concern.  Although it might prompt some questions the next time he's interviewing management.  

Teams survey their season ticket holders about some of these same things.  Perhaps not as much about NMC's and trades etc, but game experience, satisfaction with the direction of the team...and I've heard from STH's from time to time that they've left some scathing comments.  

Edited by CreaseAndAssist

11 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

I found the question about the Xcel renovation a bit odd. I usually go to watch hockey at Xcel, not eat in a restaurant at the arena or watch the game on tv in a bar at the arena…

Not sure if you remember her, but WildShutterbabe she had commented during the season that she really wasn't in favor of many of the supposed in-arena upgrades because she felt it was going to be just an excuse to jack up her ticket prices for things that really didn't improve her game experience.  She's been a season ticket holder from Day 1.  

Honestly, I have no idea how she's managed to put up with this club for so long.  Although she has mentioned it's getting harder and harder for her to justify it to herself each year.  

I know that you, @IllaZilla used to be a season ticket holder and heck the boards used to be made up of a lot of season ticket holders that most became ex-season ticket holders.  

I haven't been to a game in person in a few years, and I'll be honest...I don't really miss it.  

Russo's had that question on the post-season questionnaire before, my guess is he's just curious if fans are as excited about the X as it now approaches being 25-years old.  

Interesting to see him include some of the older vets who are already locked in with NMC's and long-term deals.  Perhaps hoping to poke at management for regrettable moves?  If so, I'm on board with that approach.  

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Teams survey their season ticket holders about some of these same things.  Perhaps not as much about NMC's and trades etc, but game experience, satisfaction with the direction of the team...and I've heard from STH's from time to time that they've left some scathing comments.  

Yeah, back in the olden times when I was a season ticket holder, they team would send us surveys on what we thought of the arena, the direction of the team, how to improve the in-game experience, etc.

But after the Wild were the only team besides the Maple Leafs to NOT lower ticket prices after the first Lockout, I wrote them a very pointed letter about their decision and gave up my season tickets. And I haven't missed it bit.

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 5:47 PM, Jimtown guy said:

Strange to see but understandable 

https://www.reddit.com/r/wildhockey/s/1fW0cOmkto

Interesting, in that Sweden vs USA team (score was 5:2 respectively), our Wild players produced too. EEK had 2 goals and 1 assist; Johansson had 1 goal and 1 assist for Sweden team. Brodin played there as defenseman and Gustavsson was in their net. Total 4 our players are playing now for Sweden team at the World Championship in Czechia. Boldy had 1 assist for USA team in that game.

Edited by Alexandron

Who is going to win a 2nd playoffs round from a Central Division? Colorado Avalanche or Dallas Stars? Brandon Duhaime or Sam Steel? Parise or Suter? Who from our former players will pass to a 3rd round?🤫

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

Who is going to win a 2nd playoffs round from a Central Division? Colorado Avalanche or Dallas Stars? Brandon Duhaime or Sam Steel? Parise or Suter? Who from our former players will pass to a 3rd round?🤫

I had Rangers over Stars so Dallas it is 

• Like 1

OSTRAVA, Czechia -- Jesper Wallstedt is pining for more time in the paint. 

The 21-year-old, coming off a second straight strong season with the Iowa Wild in the American Hockey League, has his sights set on jumping to brighter lights. 

Soon.

"I'm trying to push to make the team next year," said Wallstedt from Czechia, where he's currently serving with Sweden at the 2024 IIHF World Championship. "That's my goal. We'll see how that goes. I feel like I've been putting in the work and giving myself a good opportunity to succeed. 

"I feel like I had a very strong year in Iowa. We were struggling a little bit as a team. We maybe didn't have our best year. But I feel like I gave our team a good chance every night to succeed. And a couple strong starts in Minnesota at the end of the year... I still feel I was in more control and I was pushing my pace and being set and in control more. 

"Game-wise I feel like I'm in a strong position." 

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/wallstedt-at-world-championship-051224

• Good Post 1

Nice, that means we have 5 Wild players for the Sweden team in World Championship (Czechia): 2 forwards (EEK and Johansson); 1 defenseman (Brodin) and 2 goalies (Gustavsson and Wallstedt).

• Like 1

Tij Iginla is certainly one of the players I wouldn't mind seeing them draft.  Although I've seen some other Mock's where he's gone before the Wild pick at #13.  Cole Eiserman is an interesting choice...big US National Development Team star who de-committed from the Gophers to stay and play closer to home.  

I didn't see anyone mention this; but Matt Hendricks is the new GM of the Iowa Wild and Mike Murray, Mat Sells and Chris Kelleher were made Assistant GM's to Bill Guerin.  So all internal hires usually means the status quo is unlikely to change.  

I still will never understand why the Minnesota North Stars ⭐️ lost their franchise and it didn’t take that long for Wild to come along.  To me Minnesota is far more of a “hockey town “ than Detroit .  I hate hearing that BS about Detroit being a hockey town, or best hockey town in US!  BS!!!  Buffalo is easily more of a hockey town as is Minnesota.  Detroit is more of a basketball town.  I hope Minnesota never loses this franchise.  Like my Sabres they need some new players to take them to next level.