Da Wild vs Da Leafs Oct 14 game day thread

Jimtown guy

26 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

It was a decent game until that ridiculous call on Gogs. That PP didn't score but sure woke up the Leafs O.
Until then they were playing like they were trying not to let us tie it up.

It was a good start as well until the Merril interference call. 
Someone needs to educate me on what a defenseman can do without getting that call. 

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

I liked the most of this game only the 2nd period. Boldy and Rossi placed nice goals. And Duhaime scored nice one too at the end of the game between his legs and between the legs of player in front of him and between the legs of the goalie. Our defense should be better. 7 goals in our net is a lot, but not a surprise to get them from a high scoring team especially from a hot starting player Matthews. He has now 2 hat tricks in a row in 2 games. That loss was expected for me but not with this score. Maroon, Johanssen and Gaudreau were invisible. And sadly Maroon has got an injury too. Hope next game will be better and we will get at least 1 point from it.

3 hours ago, Tomdog said:

It was a good start as well until the Merril interference call. 
Someone needs to educate me on what a defenseman can do without getting that call. 

Agree. I do not think he did anything for this penalty. Probably, was a mistake.

9 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Listened postgame radio on way home (from BSU-Army).  Evanson said changes coming on D. Said Faber should not be best D-man in the ice.

Even Brodin had a few miscues throughout the game.
I'm going to bet Evason breaks up Merril and Addison and splits the Gogs-Midds combo.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Listened postgame radio on way home (from BSU-Army).  Evanson said changes coming on D. Said Faber should not be best D-man in the ice.

At least Faber wasn't the worst.  Although good thing the Wild didn't lock down a bunch of 30-year old players with NMC's for years...oh wait.  

17 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

At least Faber wasn't the worst.  Although good thing the Wild didn't lock down a bunch of 30-year old players with NMC's for years...oh wait.  

The one that makes no sense is the 4 year extension to Foligno. Should have been 2 years at the max. These first 2 games have shown he slowing down big time