Game 20: New York Rangers at Philadelphia Flyers; 11/24/23 @ 1 PM, NHL Network

Howie58

Greetings:

The Rangers are favorites (-140), but that suggests respect for the O and B. Meanwhile, this is another litmus test as we come to to the end of the season's first quarter.  Historically, this series is knotted at close to .500, but the Rags have won the last four.  

https://champsorchumps.us/team/nhl/new-york-rangers/head-to-head/philadelphia-flyers

Edited by Howie58

58 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Should be a good game hope I get to watch. It would be nice to beat the Rangers for a change. They are a good team in all 3 zones...on draws, their PP is clicking, goaltending is excellent. I think they're giving up the fewest goals/game. Anyway should be a good one!

Google streameast click the link.

you'll have to just delete the pop ups but you can watch every game NHL NFL MLB NBA.

You're welcome.

It's how I watched the first 2 NFL games at work yesterday.

• Good Post 1

2 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Sounds good but I don’t see a link. Today I won’t need it the game is on tv but future use would be great!

Click the streameast link and select which sport to watch them select the game to watch. 

Edited by OccamsRazor

Going 0 for 6 on the PP won't win many games. Our effort after pulling Hart was equally inept.

The lack of high-end scoring talent is pretty clear in this one. Yep-36 shots, but few that challenged Igor. We need to get the first goal or two and play airtight D to win. I'd almost say thus game was over after two minutes.

2 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

Puck retrievals are a big part of the poor powerplay, as is the lack of finishers. No real end in sight to either of these issues. Not really sure how this group got to 10 wins so soon. Every time I tune in there is a fire drill going on in the Flyer zone.

I don't buy the lack of finishers. There's a large number of 20 goal players in that line up. That's more than adequate. The problem is that the power play is a complete mess and Thompson refuses to change it up. 

When he was an assistant in San Jose, he also ran the power play there. It was 29th overall in the league and now for two consecutive years here in Philadelphia, the power play is one of the worst.

What makes it even more concerning is that Tortorella doesn't care that the power play is bad. He's all about grinding out and low scoring affairs. It's not going to change either when Michkov or Gauthier arrive.

It's getting really old to see the team continue to struggle to generate any offense and Tortorella continually talks about how they lack talent and how they have to grind it out to win. The league is about offense and we have a coach who has said he doesn't understand offensive hockey and the assistant who is supposed to be an offensive wizard can't put a simple offensive game plan together to utilize everyone's strengths accordingly. 

Yeah, I'm getting tired of the Tortorella act. It wears thin and it's the same continual garbage over and over. What Tortorella did 20 years ago no longer works now. He needed to adapt. He hasn't.

11 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The problem is that the power play is a complete mess and Thompson refuses to change it up. 

Tortorella's post-game, shaking his head ... "I'm not going to talk about the PP." I don't blame him what can he say? The guy running it has them doing the same thing they've done from Day One and they're still last or nearly last in the league.

11 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Yeah, I'm getting tired of the Tortorella act. It wears thin and it's the same continual garbage over and over. What Tortorella did 20 years ago no longer works now. He needed to adapt. He hasn't.

According to Staal and Atkinson he's like a totally different coach these days. I had the Rangers' feed yesterday both announcers talked about how Tortorella has changed from his NY days, referencing what Staal and others have said.  

I like the Flyers' offense. They have the most 1st period goals in the NHL (or did before yesterday). They've got more goals from guys under 25 than anyone else. Mid-pack in GF / 10th in GA is a huge improvement year over year. Sanheim and York leading rushes with the forwards covering (exactly what didn't happen yesterday). The Flyers are good on the backcheck but failed miserably yesterday. The Rangers are a good team.

The Flyers' offense is fine it's the PP that's funking everything up. Cash in just once yesterday and it's a whole different feel.