Wild vs Avalanche; Friday 11/24/23; 7:30 p.m. CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

Alexandron

1 minute ago, bbgarnett said:

Dean and the coaching staff need to go 

Yes. Not able to build winning mentality for this team. And not able to build mentality to stay out of penalty box, especially against tough teams. 6 losses in a row already. I wish to have Guerin as a Head Coach. I am sure he will be able to boost this mentality. Or at least to have Barry Trotz as a Head Coach. We definitely need some changes at this team.

2 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

This is the most common picture for our team this season instead of to see nice body forms after each win.

They don’t deserve a hot babe meme and won’t get one until they get to .500. So with the way it’s going this will be babe free 

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Yes. Not able to build winning mentality for this team. And not able to build mentality to stay out of penalty box, especially against tough teams. 6 losses in a row already. I wish to have Guerin as a Head Coach. I am sure he will be able to boost this mentality. Or at least to have Barry Trotz as a Head Coach. We definitely need some changes at this team.

Trotz is in the same catagory as Boudreau imo. Been there, Done that.
An entire new system, Plays, PP attack etc is needed one way or another.

9 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Were they better about not turning the puck over at the blue line?
 I suppose more like less than usual, But some key soft passes picked off ruined opps.

Did the 4th carry play in the offensive zone?
A bit in the 1st, Then everyone played decent enough.

Did they manage near 50% on the faceoffs?
It was 50% throughout the game actually.

Was the pp powerless or was it pooh pooh?
Got 1 goal in the last second of the 3rd(?) PP, The first couple not a SOG.

The 3rd started off with a quick PK and that ruined some of the momentum from the 2nd.
Then a patch of sloppy D zone led to Av's 3rd G. Merril was especially bad that shift.
Late BS call for interference killed the last 2 minutes, But we sat back and played passive PK when we needed to steal the puck.
I don't usually call out the Refs but that call wasn't blatant especially to call it when they had swallowed their whistles for a while.
Imo, It was incendental contac while our guy was trying to stay onside on an entry and had his back to the Av's player. Barely disrupted him also.

• Good Post 1

12 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Trotz is in the same catagory as Boudreau imo. Been there, Done that.
An entire new system, Plays, PP attack etc is needed one way or another.

I do not think our owner will be able to sign Trotz as a Head Coach here. He is doing pretty well in Nashville as a Manager. Their team won 4 games already in a row. But if we will lose few more games then we will get 31st place next to Sharks in NHL standing. And changes for the Wild team will be absolutely necessary.

Thanks CC, it sounds like they were actually in that game for a change. 
Was able to watch the 3rd goal on the highlights and to me it looked like Merrilwas kind of passive about taking his man and Rossi lost his. 
The trouble with the highlights is they only show the goals, never the true meat of the game. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 11:09 AM, Alexandron said:

I do not think our owner will be able to sign Trotz as a Head Coach here. He is doing pretty well in Nashville as a Manager. Their team won 4 games already in a row. But if we will lose few more games then we will get 31st place next to Sharks in NHL standing. And changes for the Wild team will be absolutely necessary.

That's just it....Who's out there that's any good that's available?
If they are, There's usually a reason for it. :P
I've always respected Jon Cooper of TBL. I just like his style of coaching behind the bench.
Boudreau and Evason are fiery personalities which is good and I like that too, But many times their frustration shows behind the bench and that has to translate to the players somewhat.