Wild vs Bruins; Tuesday 12/19/23; 6:00 PM CT; TD Garden Arena

Alexandron

Our chance tonight is if Boston looks past us and we get a few early.
We've surprised top teams before. 
I'll go with a 4-3 win. 😇 But would be happy with a point I guess.

After hearing Fleury say he wasn't disappointed about playing last and gave the impression that it wasn't the 'last chance' in Pitts makes me believe fully that he'll play 1 more season and almost for sure with the Penquins.
At least a few games to retire as a Pen, As it should be.
Highly doubt he resigns for 1 more year here given our plans and his of course.
He's obviously not the skilled HOF goalie now but given our circunstances, He's fine being here and helping when he can.
He's had as many rough games as Gus did early on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

After hearing Fleury say he wasn't disappointed about playing last and gave the impression that it wasn't the 'last chance' in Pitts makes me believe fully that he'll play 1 more season and almost for sure with the Penquins.
At least a few games to retire as a Pen, As it should be.
Highly doubt he resigns for 1 more year here given our plans and his of course.
He's obviously not the skilled HOF goalie now but given our circumstances, He's fine being here and helping when he can.
He's had as many rough games as Gus did early on.

Most of the HOF players were not a super skilled HOF players at their old age when they were finishing their career. That is normal, but this is not diminishing their previous achievements for the NHL history to be in the HOF. I wish that Fleury will retire as the Wild player to make a history for the Wild club.

Here is a list of records for the NHL goalies. He is close with his stats to be a 2nd goalie in NHL history. It is enormously difficult task:

https://records.nhl.com/records/goaltender-records/seasons-and-games/most-games-played-career

Edited by Alexandron

48 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Most of the HOF players were not a super skilled HOF players at their old age when they were finishing their career. That is normal, but this is not diminishing their previous achievements for the NHL history to be in the HOF. I wish that Fleury will retire as the Wild player to make a history for the Wild club.

Here is a list of records for the NHL goalies. He is close with his stats to be a 2nd goalie in NHL history. It is enormously difficult task:

https://records.nhl.com/records/goaltender-records/seasons-and-games/most-games-played-career

Me too ofc, But after his comments, I believe he wants to finish in Pitts. 
There's also a slim chance if we nose dive before trade deadline and no chance of PO's that they might make a trade with Pitts this season and he finishes there that way.
Probably give Walstedt a chance but the Wild brass probably wouldn't want to use/ burn a year off his contract.

• Good Post 1

Kind of an interesting game preview, which giving us more to think about tonight game.

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/game-preview-wild-at-bruins-121923

And here is projected lineup at Boston:

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/minnesota-wild-projected-lineup

Sad that Brodin has been placed on LTIR and Zuccarello (upper body) is week-to-week.