Dallas at Minnesota, 1-8-24

Even with Kap, there's no movement by the players other than the puck carrier. Defenders can just stand there ground with one player chasing the puck carrier. 

There's no threat from both sides of the ice because the 1st pp unit is all left handed and the 2nd unit is mostly right handed. They never shoot for rebounds or tips, just plug up the middle and hope to stuff.

If a dope like me can see that, I'm pretty sure the other teams see it as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Even with Kap, there's no movement by the players other than the puck carrier. Defenders can just stand there ground with one player chasing the puck carrier. 

There's no threat from both sides of the ice because the 1st pp unit is all left handed and the 2nd unit is mostly right handed. They never shoot for rebounds or tips, just plug up the middle and hope to stuff.

If a dope like me can see that, I'm pretty sure the other teams see it as well.

Well said.
Crowd didn't even care to boo them off the ice.
Most had left already. 😅

Edited by ClusterChuck
  • Haha 1

I think crowd already did boos on entire game. Sincerely, I wasted my time to see nothing out of that game. What we are going to see on Wednesday? 0:10 with 5 SHG in our net? Absolutely sad outcome tonight. And previous game against Dallas we lost badly too with a score 3:8 at home with 2 SHG and 5 PP goals in our net. Wow.

9 hours ago, Tomdog said:

I would have to look it up but I think the pp was better when we had jack lemaire as coach

Season Coach PP Rank PP%
23-24 Hynes 21 18.2%
22-23   15 21.4%
21-22   18 20.5%
20-21 Evason 24 17.6%
19-20   11 21.3%
18-19   14 20.3%
17-18   17 20.4%
16-17 Boudreau 9 21.0%
15-16   15 18.5%
14-15   27 15.9%
13-14   16 17.9%
12-13   16 17.9%
11-12 Yeo 27 15.1%
10-11   13 18.2%
09-10 Richards 10 19.1%
08-09   9 20.1%
07-08   7 18.9%
06-07   6 19.0%
05-06   21 17.0%
04-05   - -
03-04   28 13.6%
02-03   23 14.2%
01-02   19 14.8%
00-01 Lemaire 30 9.6%

5 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Thanks illa. That the Wild's pp is ranked as high as it is, is a little surprising. 

It looks so inept at creating high danger chances. 

I think part of the issue is we tend to look at one single game where they go 0-4 on the PP and declare it inept. Under Evason this season they were ranked #24 with a 16% PP%. Since Hynes took over, they have been ranked #5 on the PP with a 28.6% PP%.

It will be interesting to see if they can keep up that percentage under Hynes or if they start to sink. The injuries certainly haven't helped, but I think that's quite an improvement under Hynes...

I thought some of our power play chances weren't too bad, but others it was terrible and uninspiring.  Seeing Faber and Boldy just pass it back and forth to each other reminded me of Suter and Mikko playing catch with one another.  I like it when they try to work the puck down low and then send something quick towards the net.  Sending passes out to the point for a shot IMO is mostly a waste of time and effort.  

Minnesota had good jump and energy to start but when they didn't score after that 1st half of the first where they peppered Murray with shots, you just knew Dallas was going to get one opportunity and bury it and the effort was going to just turn to mush and that's pretty much what happened.  

I talked to one of our employees in the morning who attended the game yesterday. It was the worst game for him to attend. Only the 4th line was noticeable entire game and should be given more time to play. They were merit that it was a conclusion.  

And I agree. This line is capable to produce, when is given more time to play.

I just don't understand what the purpose of passing the puck around when so few of the players move to a different position. They may move a little but really nothing significant. 

Last night Boldy and Faber played catch, and no one broke for the goal to take a pass and then shoot from an improved angle.

How often do they try a give and go on the pp?