Game 54: Arizona Coyotes at Philadelphia Flyers; 2/12/24 @ 7PM, NBCSP

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

He's at his best taking pucks up the middle looking to make plays, taking it to the net when there isn't one. He's been doing that almost every shift lately and to his credit that's not easy even for bigger guys. Good for him and good for the Flyers if he can keep doing it. If he can it has to translate into more points...I hope.

I think Frost got to the point where he wanted to be told how to be better. I get the feeling Frost decided he needed help to get to the next level and asked Tortorella about it.

You can try to coach guys, but if they're not in a position to actually "get" it it doesn't soak in.

Still, the points need to come...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I don't really care that Hart is gone. But it's a shame they never got a thing for him.

Hart is not gone, we still own his rights, so of he is traded, we will get something.  Due to the circumstances his value will he diminished.  Even if he is found innocent, corporations always turn their backs on you. Especially in today's gold digger,.me too society.

36 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Hart is not gone, we still own his rights, so of he is traded, we will get something.  Due to the circumstances his value will he diminished.  Even if he is found innocent, corporations always turn their backs on you. Especially in today's gold digger,.me too society.

Regardless of what happens in their case, not one of those players will be traded, because their teams won't be able to get anything from any other team. Nothing. Not a draft pick or warm body. They're done anywhere in the hockey world with the possible exception of the KHL.

---

edit - When the time comes, the league will suspend the players and the teams will be permitted to terminate their contracts. Don't expect any of them to be traded.

Edited by JR Ewing
  • Like 2
  • Good Post 1

36 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Regardless of what happens in their case, not one of those players will be traded, because their teams won't be able to get anything from any other team. Nothing. Not a draft pick or warm body. They're done anywhere in the hockey world with the possible exception of the KHL.

---

edit - When the time comes, the league will suspend the players and the teams will be permitted to terminate their contracts. Don't expect any of them to be traded.

So even if some are found innocent, they will be terminated anyway? What a society we live in. Its funny how criminals in the NFL and NBA are still playing and in the Hall of Fame.

17 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

So even if some are found innocent, they will be terminated anyway? What a society we live in. Its funny how criminals in the NFL and NBA are still playing and in the Hall of Fame.

So, going with a scenario where they're found not guilty... People get terminated, not extended, etc, every day for engaging in conduct which may fall short of being criminal but still puts their employer in a bad light. I fail to understand how these guys have been hard done by.

• Good Post 3

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Still, the points need to come...

Agree completely. As well as he played the other night he picked up a single point IIRC, the PS goal. I know I’m a broken record but 45-pt seasons are not very impressive for a guy aiming to play in the top 6. 

Could he work for the Flyers as 3C? I barely considered him outside the top 6 but I must admit I based that on an “old school” mentality, where your 3rd line is a checking line. But I guess those days are history.

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

So, going with a scenario where they're found not guilty... People get terminated, not extended, etc, every day for engaging in conduct which may fall short of being criminal but still puts their employer in a bad light. I fail to understand how these guys have been hard done by.

Ok , I understand that most employers will not back you,even if you are innocent but I wouldn't think that their careers should be over.  I would think you can trade them to another team for a change of scenery. It's funny how Ray Lewis was covered in blood after his friends stabbed someone and he played for 15 years and is in the Hall of Fame.