Game 54: Arizona Coyotes at Philadelphia Flyers; 2/12/24 @ 7PM, NBCSP

Greetings:

We are actually the favorite for a change (-146) against a team that's lost 5 of their last 6, is awful on the road....and we've beaten 4 of the last 5:

Arizona Coyotes vs Philadelphia Flyers Odds - Monday February 12 2024 (oddsshark.com)

There isn't much difference between these teams statistically:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/ari-vs-phi/2024/02/12/2023020821

The question is whether this becomes a trap game because Arizona is due for an above-average performance.  

• Thanks 1

I’m expecting wins at this point especially against <.500 teams. But at home it’s still a little iffy…and it’d be just like the Flyers to give one away to the Coyotes… at least the old Flyers. I’m fairly sure they’re the new Flyers now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I’m expecting wins at this point especially against <.500 teams. But at home it’s still a little iffy…and it’d be just like the Flyers to give one away to the Coyotes… at least the old Flyers. I’m fairly sure they’re the new Flyers now.

At some point you expect a stink bomb squad to play over over heads for at least one game. Clayton Keller plays in obscurity out in the desert but seems to be a good player.  Meanwhile, it looks like we are doing the 12-6 gig with Ersson in goal:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/arizona-coyotes-vs-philadelphia-flyers-projected-lineups-nhl-starting-goalies-for-today-12th-february-2024/ar-BB1i9XvN

35 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Really dumb penalties. Arizona looks hungrier. Frost's beauty was wasted. 

Jake was here tonight for autographs

GGLl1dLWQAAA8EW.jpg.6fc0572fe624176e5615c47aa2d9050d.jpg

i know @Samifan was there waiting patiently hoping he got one.

Maybe it has a good end too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Who is this Bailey dude?  Why would the Flyers take on an expiring contract unless there was a pick or prospect included?

Flyers beat writer

Woo wee Laughton wraparound goal finally the Flyers take a lead…can they hold it for 10 minutes? Another PP 0-6 so far…

Frost best game as a Flyer tonight both sides of the ice a man on a mission. Only 1 point but his PS goal was brilliant 

edit: 0-7. JHC 7 PPs and no goals. Unbelievable.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Coyotes goalie is playing really good.  And Flyers score as I was typing that.

Drysdale with the goal.

If team ever figures out how to play with an extra man they might be a playoff team with a chance to get out the first round

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Jake was here tonight for autographs

GGLl1dLWQAAA8EW.jpg.6fc0572fe624176e5615c47aa2d9050d.jpg

i know @Samifan was there waiting patiently hoping he got one.

Maybe it has a good end too.

Wife asked me why I was yelling, “get the f**k off my TV!”  I told her Voracek was at the game and she said, oh ok 😂

#ISTILLHATEJAKE:smallTM:

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

If team ever figures out how to play with an extra man they might be a playoff team with a chance to get out the first round

It would be nice….but the good news (in a way) is they’re not focusing on a PO run this year. I guess the suits and coaches probably view PO games as a bonus this year.

But eventually the Flyers will be ready for a deep PO run. At that point the PP can’t keep shooting blanks.

On The Fly reports Frost’s goal was the Flyers’ 4th PS goal this season, tying the record for most PS goals in a season in NHL history

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

Will I be eating crow in regard to Morgan Frost suddenly looking like an NHL player?

He's looked pretty good since the ASB. 

He's actually not sucked since he and Fonzie had the sit down.

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Will I be eating crow in regard to Morgan Frost suddenly looking like an NHL player?

He's looked pretty good since the ASB. 

He's actually not sucked since he and Fonzie had the sit down.

I like Frost, he has great skill and he’s been pretty consistent lately .The thing is , the only offensive centers we have are an old and diminishing Coots and Frost. We have no centers in our system at all. Even if we drafted one in this draft, he’s three years away from being any kind of factor. The other problem is, this draft is loaded with defenseman and the couple of good centers that are available will be long gone by the time we pick. So, I don’t see any benefit in trading your only young skilled center unless it’s for another young skilled center. Frost needs more consistency overall, but some of the skilled plays he has made ,I have never seen done by any other Flyers.

• Like 3

There will be games you play well, and end up losing.  And the reverse is true.  We had one very good period--the third.  We snatched victory from the jaws of mediocrity.  The game against Toronto is a real benchmark.  That should be interesting.  

20 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Carter who?

I don't really care that Hart is gone. But it's a shame they never got a thing for him.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

He's been good for awhile and played his best game against the Coyotes the other night.

He's at his best taking pucks up the middle looking to make plays, taking it to the net when there isn't one. He's been doing that almost every shift lately and to his credit that's not easy even for bigger guys. Good for him and good for the Flyers if he can keep doing it. If he can it has to translate into more points...I hope.

• Like 1