A hockey game without Czechs is like a day without sunshine...

Guest JackStraw

Or whatever...

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inqflyersreport/Mannings-debut-a-succes-as-Flyers-romp.html

"I had to play because there were no other Czechs,” he said with a smile, referring to injuries to fellow countrymen Jakub Voracek and Kubina. “All of the Czechs were out and everybody knows, if there are no Czechs in the game, it's kind of a boring game. It's like when you want to make food without salt, you know what I mean?"

I'm still having a hard time believing how much I like Jags.

I thought when Jagr said that on Comcast last night he said "chicks".

Jagr is a very like able. I'm looking forward to his playoff intensity level.

he's having a pretty good year too. projected at 57pts in 72games. not very far off his 07-08 year with the rags where he had 71pts in 82games. plus, he's only 1 goal away from his PPG totals for his last years in ny.

not bad for a 40y/o.

he's having a pretty good year too. projected at 57pts in 72games. not very far off his 07-08 year with the rags where he had 71pts in 82games. plus, he's only 1 goal away from his PPG totals for his last years in ny.

not bad for a 40y/o.

So this means by the time the season ends, he will outscore Andreas Nodl, right?

Honestly, I thought he'd do a lot better than he did this season. But he was a victim of the play of the rooks as much as anything else. And going to Carolina isn't going to be really good for anyone's point totals.

lol, yeah. i earned my licks on that one, i guess. it just made so much sense at the time.... haha, ah well.

We all make mistakes, and the truth is, at the time the acquisition was made, it was impossible to predict what kind of a season Jagr would have, especially given his track record.

But I have to admit, he absolutely SHOCKED me, and not just with his play, but his attitude to the game and to his teammates. I didn't know much about him, but it seems like even outside the rink, he is a genuinely cool dude. I really admire his unselfishness and his professionalism.

I think re-signing him for teh next year is almost a given, assuming, of course, he wants to come back.

I've heard that too. I do wonder how much Jags wants. I think he won't ask for much to help the cap, but we shall see.

well, he's given up some bargaining power by even saying he wants to play for the flyers next year... so money can't be his #1 factor. i mean, agents take over and get into the negotiations, but he would have many options if he wanted and he's made it clear he wants to come back to philly.

During last game in Toronto, Leafs commentators had mentioned a couple times, that they are surprised to see Jagr is back checking and coming back to defense, that was not case last time he played here in NHL. They also mentioned he looked Leafs defense look bad couple time, and he is 40 y.o.