This team is blue collar scrappy

CoachX

11 hours ago, jammer2 said:

With Torts behind the bench, you get a few things that were missing the past decade(s).

1)Accountability...bust your ass every shift OR a public shaming in the form of being benched is coming your way. 

2)Honest, unfiltered comments to the press instead of cliches.

3)Ice time goes according to effort, not cap hit. 

4)If things are not clicking, he will switch things up on hunches...which are right more often than wrong.

5)You know your not getting out coached. To experienced to be taken advantage of. 

Spot on and maybe one more - nothing deep but it's nice to see:

6) Jones, Briere and Tortorella are on the same page; they share the same vision for the future and also the current state of the Flyers. It doesn't sound like PR-speak to me either - all 3 seem to really believe in what they're trying to accomplish.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Spot on and maybe one more - nothing deep but it's nice to see:

6) Jones, Briere and Tortorella are on the same page; they share the same vision for the future and also the current state of the Flyers. It doesn't sound like PR-speak to me either - all 3 seem to really believe in what they're trying to accomplish.

Im not discounting this POV, the change in management is a positive. However, decisions they make in the near future will tell us more about who they really are. 

my POV is that I like what Im watching. I find myself wanting to tune in. The players executing and the coaching responsible for that, has revived my juice for Flyer hockey

• Like 3

It's cliche to say, but I'll say it, anyway. The team works very hard.

They just lack enough top end white collar scoring talent, but they are definitely trending upward. and are a surprising playoff team.  They are more fun to watch and likeable, than they've been in recent years. The only frustrating thing is they get a lot of shots in most games, and don't generally bury nearly enough chances. I didn't have 'playoff team' on my Flyers bingo card, this year. I was wrong about the Tortorella hire. He's done a very good job.

• Like 3