Wild vs Kings; Wednesday 03/20/24; 9 PM CT; Crypto.com Arena

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joel Erickson Ek gets 10 minutes misconduct and he's probably home in bed!😂🚨 listening to radio call. Listed over PA for 10 minutes....😭

Edited by Icechipper
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Did you hear, they said Joel Eriksson Ek got 10 minutes misconduct when he even was not in LA? 

I swear I saw him listed on the line ups tonight on the TNT coverage. 😅

We must be all masochists for staying up for the whole game but it was fun none the less....
Well besides sucking big time. 😁
Egg GIF

Edited by ClusterChuck
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

We must be all masochists for staying up for the whole game but it was fun none the less....
Well besides sucking big time. 😁
Egg GIF

Yeah. Chicken eggs were "tremendous"  in any conditions tonight. Hope, we wouldn't see them again till the rest of the season. 🤔

Didn't get to watch this game live as I was busy with other things, but did record it and watched it as I am up late tonight:

-- Minnesota had some really, really bad bounces work against them....both in the manner the Kings score at least 4 of their goals, and in the manner in which the puck just would NOT bounce in favor of the Wild when they got their chances.
I mean, those weird bounces, redirect friendly fire, and tips that altered the puck just enough to where Fleury had no shot to make a save seemed the order of the day!

-- Having said that, the Wild also were to blame for this poor performance as they simply allowed too many rushes into their zone, didn't cover properly once the Kings established the offensive zone (seriously...leaving the likes of a Kevin Fiala all alone between the circles is downright bungling at its worst!), and did a terrible job on simple basic clears.

You think the Wild missed the stabilizing presence of one Mr. Jonas Brodin? 
You bet they did!

Maybe the Kings still win the game with Brodin playing for the Wild, but I bet the game would NOT be a 6-0 blowout.
Minnesota looked completely defeated by the second period even though they showed a modicum of pride and fight in the 3rd, but by then of course, things were academic and the Kings simply were happy to keep Minnesota at bay while they collected the 2 pts and the win.

Do the Wild "burn the tape" so to speak of this game, as it is sometimes suggested teams do when they crap the bed in a game?
Well, yes and no.
I mean, there are portions of the game where I think if the Wild players see it on video, they could see just how disjointed they were and what happens when you leave snipers unmolested......if they can see that, be embarrassed by that, and work to not let that happen again, then something could be gained from this horrid loss.

The rest?
A collection of good bounces for the Kings, bad bounces for the Wild.....enabled by the aforementioned poor play by Minnesota.....yea, just trash the rest.

Back to St. Paul, start prep for the St. Louis Blues, FFS....

• Good Post 1

I didn't catch this one.  I took a nap and that extended into the game.  Woke up at about 10:50PM CST and turned it on, saw we were down 5-0 and went back to bed.  By what I read on Twitter and from here it doesn't sound like the team showed up for this game.  

You basically see the microcosm of this Wild season in these back to back games.  They can beat an inept Anaheim Ducks team but when they play against a playoff-bound quality opponent they get demolished.  

If we have Brodin and Eriksson Ek back...maybe we can compete but without we look like a pretender.  

14 hours ago, wildstars95 said:

16 th pick overall for the wild right now in nhl draft Disgusted Steve Carell GIF

That's the worst part; we're going to scratch and claw our way to another mediocre 1st round selection.  There are some good defenseman in this draft, but we'll probably take one of the smaller, puck moving types because that's all they seem to want to draft at that position.  6'1" - 5"11", 190-180lbs puck mover types with limited offense.