Game 79: Philadelphia Flyers at Montreal Canadiens; 4/9/24 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Yes, they should have. We'll see how you feel midway through his sparkling new contract. 

He signed the contract while on IR. No, really. They signed a 30-year-old journeyman waiver wire pickup to a FOUR YEAR CONTRACT while he was ON INJURED RESERVE.

He's played five games since then. The Flyers have lost all of them.

But he's averaging around 19 minutes of ice time and he's blocked 16 shots!

While the Flyers have given up 28 goals.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

13 minutes ago, radoran said:

I mean, like your Pageaus, Copps, Nyqvists... Fantasy waiver wire types :hocky:

Yes.    But take Nyqvist, for example.  He's playing on Nashville's top line (he doesn't belong there, IMO, but it doesn't help my argument).  He's scored 500 points in this league and is a 13 year player.

Pageau is a solid 3rd line center on a team quite likely heading to the playoffs.    His on ice value is much more than his fantasy value (limited to, "it's Friday and I need faceoffs").  He's a 12 year player on 2 teams.

All I'm saying is that they're solid long-term players that we traded away to rent a washed up crap defenseman for 6 weeks or whatever for a lost cause instead of keeping it either to draft or use in a functionally cognitive way   (package with something for a better pick, package for a prospect, whatever).

Trading it when they did and  for what they did was stupid on its face and didn't ever turn out as well as the "stupid on its face."  Again, you've advertised all year it's a rebuild.  Fine, then rebuild.  Don't toss assets away for a guy that should be off selling prefab windows somewhere (NTTAWWT, it's a valuable job...).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

All I'm saying is that they're solid long-term players that we traded away to rent a washed up crap defenseman for 6 weeks

Exactly the type of guys the Flyers would have run out of town on a rail after their ELC was up and traded for a washed up crap defenceman for six weeks.

You're only delaying the inevitable.

19 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

or whatever for a lost cause instead of keeping it either to draft or use in a functionally cognitive way   (package with something for a better pick, package for a prospect, whatever).

Again, me not disagreeing. Just saying all this extended drama about a 4th is dust in the larger windstorm.

Losing the 4th is nothing compared to signing a roster player for four years.

:hocky:

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Just saying all this extended drama about a 4th is dust in the larger windstorm

Yep. Maybe the Flyers should move to Kansas. 

(By the way, I know you're well-aware, but in case it's escaped others:  the conversation about the 4th isn't really with the 4th. It's some of us simply saying "we told you something that should have been patently obvious to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention" about the larger point we completely agree on).

It really shouldn't take a walk to Damascus.

• Like 3

On 4/10/2024 at 11:45 AM, mojo1917 said:

His advanced metrics were pretty awesome and he was really good on the PK. 

That and the fact that everyone got hurt and then he was traded kind of killed the season.

Not to mention causing the uproar around a 4th round pick for and old guy, who is here until the season ends.

He also made Seeler look a lot better than he actually is. 

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1