Game 79: Philadelphia Flyers at Montreal Canadiens; 4/9/24 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Greetings:

The Flyers are mild favorites (-135) with a 57% win probability.  I don't make this stuff up.

https://www.bleachernation.com/picks/nhl-picks/2024/04/08/flyers-vs-canadiens-prediction-live-odds-stats-history-and-picks-tuesday-april-9-2024/

There isn't much difference between the teams statistically other than defense, where we're middling and they're near the bottom:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/mtl-vs-phi/2024/04/09/2023021242

Miracles never cease to happen.  We might be respectable.  

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/philadelphia-flyers/line-combinations

Looks like I am getting my wish. No Staal or Johnson in the line up. Egor and Attard as 3rd pair and Gurianov on the 4th line with Brink and Cates. I hope to see Fedotov in goal but it looks like Errson getting the start. Sorry Nic D. but this is not one of the teams you are needed for.

A fringe playoff team or misses the playoffs all together right where many of us predicted.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Flyers must win out i think and need help from all the other teams guess they should be getting the golf clubs ready...

:BrownBag:

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Flyers must win out i think and need help from all the other teams guess they should be getting the golf clubs ready...

All I need to do is start pulling for a better draft pick and they will squeak in……

In other news, the final Delta 4 flew it’s final mission today. NROL -70. It is the end of an era.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, flyerrod said:

Sorry Nic D. but this is not one of the teams you are needed for.

Greetings:

I remember this board's reaction to the signing...why four years?  I think he will be paid a lot in coming years for manning the popcorn machine.  This is another magnificent contribution of the Fletcher Legacy. .  . . yeah, baby!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

I remember this board's reaction to the signing...why four years?  I think he will be paid a lot in coming years for manning the popcorn machine.  This is another magnificent contribution of the Fletcher Legacy. .  . . yeah, baby!

I don't love the years on the Seeler deal, but that's far from the biggest issue the Flyers have, regardless of whether they head to the golf course in April or May.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flyerrod said:

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Flyers must win out i think and need help from all the other teams guess they should be getting the golf clubs ready...

All I need to do is start pulling for a better draft pick and they will squeak in……

In other news, the final Delta 4 flew it’s final mission today. NROL -70. It is the end of an era.

I have ZERO confidence in the Flyers being able to win tonight, which they must do if they have playoff aspirations. Man, how things can change in a month.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

How are you supposed to convince a journeyman goon to sign with you if you don't give him double and salary and double the length of any contract they've previously had?

It's in the CBA - they have to do it... 🤔

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, radoran said:

How are you supposed to convince a journeyman goon to sign with you if you don't give him double and salary and double the length of any contract they've previously had?

It's in the CBA - they have to do it... 🤔

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Remember, Chuck said there was competition for his services.  

15 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Remember, Chuck thought you built a champion from Minnesota out.

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

This is the way I see it...if the Flyers win out and make the playoffs, we'll still be having these exact same conversations in 5 years.

If they lose out....maybe we won't.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Again, when some dumb fool is competing with you to make a stupid decision -

LET THEM.

You just might find out their agent is full of

image.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

Maybe they have a chance without Keith's son between the pipes he has for a while seemed like he has the Flyers number...

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

he has for a while seemed like he has the Flyers number...

Or the goalie's best friend when facing the Flyers - a crest on his chest to target...

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

Bingo!

18 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

LOL.  You must’ve started drinking early.  Both of them are playing tonight!

I made the mistake of using daily faceoff for info. My bad n that. 

Suzuki with a heck of a cross ice pass to Slafkovsky. It was only a matter of time, with the way things are going and the fact that the Flyers cannot finish and bury any of their 16 shots.

• Like 1