EAST Playoffs '23-'24 Round 1: (A3) Toronto Maple Leafs at (A2) Boston Bruins (BOS Wins 4-3)

Maples Leafs at Bruins  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Toronto Resumes Being a Punchline? Bruins Fail Again? Which is it?

• Maple Leafs in 4.... TOR isn't messing around. NEEEEEEXT!
    • Maple Leafs in 5... BOS steals a game, but TOR proves to be too much especially with goal scoring
    • Maple Leafs in 6... Bruins make things interesting, but not interesting enough, as TOR takes it skating away
    • Maple Leafs in 7... Some Leaf fans scream sky is falling, but then say, "I knew it all along" as TOR goes the distance...and wins!
    • Bruins in 4.... LOL Leafs......
    • Bruins in 5.... Still.... LOL Leafs.....
    • Bruins in 6.... Hold on now! Leafs showing life, but....errr, nah....LOL
    • Bruins in 7.... Best showing in many years for Toronto...never mind that they STILL lose (LOL!!). The Bruins quest for Cup glory moves on!

11 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Yup..., and now after losing game 2, fans are wondering why we did not go with sway again....just can't win.

It is a struggle being a coach or player in Boston. Fans are some of the most passionate and brutal you'll find anywhere. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mommax3 said:

It is a struggle being a coach or player in Boston. Fans are some of the most passionate and brutal you'll find anywhere. 

Try being a Maple Leaf. The fans and team quite literally drove Frank Mahovlich to be hospitalised from a nervous breakdown. There are other major league sports in Toronto, but none that a large number really care about, so the Leaves get all of the attention, good and bad.

• Like 3

Maple Leaf radio guys giving true confessions midway through period one.  

Well, both frankly admitted how terrible the Leafs have been on home ice in recent playoffs history…

…and then of course how that must change.  BIG GAME tonight, therefore…more than just who takes a 2-1 edge.

39 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Maple Leaf radio guys giving true confessions midway through period one.  

Well, both frankly admitted how terrible the Leafs have been on home ice in recent playoffs history…

…and then of course how that must change.  BIG GAME tonight, therefore…more than just who takes a 2-1 edge.

I'll take a 0-0 score after one....

I think David Kampf’s stick barely ticked the puck off of Trent Frederic’s shot, fooling Samsonov enough to tie things up 1-1 with about 2 and 1/2 minutes left in the period.

And soon after a great chance for the Bruins to take the lead.  Make that two chances.

Edited by SaucyJack

I used to like the Leafs and still think they are a good team. However, I can’t root for a team that has Tyler Bertuzzi. He is such a punk and doesn’t really even contribute. Always hitting someone when they aren’t looking. The box is where he belongs. Wish I could see him man up and actually fight but I doubt he’ll ever do it. 

Leafs hope to neutralize the early 3rd period Boston score on the PP - I bet no

Leafs radio rueing how much better the Bruins PP is than Toronto’s.

Edited by SaucyJack

32 minutes ago, endoep said:

I used to like the Leafs and still think they are a good team. However, I can’t root for a team that has Tyler Bertuzzi. He is such a punk and doesn’t really even contribute. Always hitting someone when they aren’t looking. The box is where he belongs. Wish I could see him man up and actually fight but I doubt he’ll ever do it. 

He was pretty solid when he was in boston....

Bet you liked him then.

• Haha 1

Desperate hold from Tavares to prevent a breakout on the empty net.  Surely they’ll pull the goalie again to skate 5 on 5.

Now Leafs radio complaining that the fans aren’t supportive enough to give the Leafs a true home ice advantage.  Sad.

….and an empty net score.  Thanks for coming!  

Edited by SaucyJack
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Bet you liked him then.

&^%$#@% Pat Maroon....I CAN'T STAND HIM!!

Always starting trouble...even before games at the red line!
Always talking trash.
Always looking for a fight when he should be playing hockey.

What kind of sick organization employs a guy like that!?? :ph34r:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I believe the goalie rotation will be shelved for now and Swayman will start game 4, especially with an extra day rest

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to EAST Playoffs '23-'24 Round 1: (A3) Toronto Maple Leafs at (A2) Boston Bruins (BOS Leads 2-1)
1 hour ago, Brewin Flames said:

Bet you liked him then.

1 hour ago, Brewin Flames said:

Bet you liked him then.

Couldn’t stand him even then as he didn’t really contribute much then. I can’t forget Game 5, I think, in the first round Cup Playoffs last year , when he centered a pass through the goal mouth at his own end and Florida scored. 

32 minutes ago, mommax3 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I believe the goalie rotation will be shelved for now and Swayman will start game 4, especially with an extra day rest

TVA Sports analysts were pretty straight on that take. The rotation in the playoffs is BS, if Swayman doesn't start next, Montgomery should be fired lol.

And what a terrible play by Tavares who literally took away all hope to tie with that pee-wee level penalty.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, endoep said:

Couldn’t stand him even then as he didn’t really contribute much then. I can’t forget Game 5, I think, in the first round Cup Playoffs last year , when he centered a pass through the goal mouth at his own end and Florida scored. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't care for him in Boston. I really think that was the step too far last year for Sweeney that messed up the locker room chemistry. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 5:03 AM, Brewin Flames said:

Boo to game two....

When pasta scored late in the first, i thought that would be the dagger for the leafs, just take them right out of the game, instead it went the other way.

Enjoy...

3 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Hey Toronto, thanks for Rask, and thanks for passing on Sway....

Either way, i just puked a lil.

But yall gave them Andrew Raycroft and he won all those...oh wait...nevermind nothing to see here!!!:hehe:

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 6:23 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Now the Leafs hit a post!

People screaming about goalie pads being too big....I think someone should make those posts skinnier... :shifty: 

If I were a NHL manager/coach I'd hire a Sumo Wrestler and just plug him into the net. He could just go to sleep. No more goals against.