☣ 2023-24 Round 2, East Semi Finals: (A2) Boston Bruins at (A1) Florida Panthers (FLA WINS 4-2) ㊗

Bruins at Panthers  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Lots at stake. Which team moves forward with their championship destiny?

• Bruins in 4.... Raw momentum carried over from beating Toronto propel Boston way over the Panthers
    • Bruins in 5.... Any good fortunes the Panthers got away with against TB, doesn't happen here. And they fall hard.
    • Bruins in 6.... Hard fought series that sees the Bruins continue on what they started to try to do last year.
    • Bruins in 7.... Boston always makes things interesting, and this series is no different. Takes them the full 7, but get rid of the Cats nonetheless
    • Panthers in 4... Boston depleted after the emotional highs of the Toronto series? This FLA sweep says perhaps...
    • Panthers in 5... Bruins try, but Florida simply is looking more n more like a team of destiny this year.
    • Panthers in 6... Very good set with lots of twists n turns....but the biggest twist is the Bruins falling to the better team this year.
    • Panthers in 7.... 'Cinderellas' no more. Even the toughest pundit can't deny the moxie shown by the Cats, as Game 7 isn't as kind to the Bruins this time.

It is SOOOO obvious these announcers are Corp NHL boys. They only want the " original 6 " to win the cup...what a joke!!!

Hey Beeeees fans ......don't Bee celebrating too soon .....it's not over yet boys !! Lot of time left in this game....... What will you do if at the end of this game it's 3 games to one 🤔

24 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Ice looks like crap. Puck bouncing everywhere 

Ice always looks like crap on Boston during the playoffs when the Celtics are also in the playoffs. I don't know why, but always like that

Just now, mommax3 said:

Ice always looks like crap on Boston during the playoffs when the Celtics are also in the playoffs. I don't know why, but always like that

Must be those Celtic players 'catching fire' after hitting several shots in a row! :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Panthers flirt with goalie interference, refs say goal stands, tie game it is!

If Florida wins the Stanley Cup, you can bet Bennett, one way or the other, hook or crook, legal or illegal....the guy will be a big part of that

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Panthers flirt with goalie interference, refs say goal stands, tie game it is!

If Florida wins the Stanley Cup, you can bet Bennett, one way or the other, hook or crook, legal or illegal....the guy will be a big part of that

Neither of these teams are getting past the Rangers

• Like 1

How could that Bennett goal stand?!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable. He cross checked the Bruin right into the goalie. 

So the refing might decide this series.

2 minutes ago, RBGordie said:

So the refing might decide this series.

Whether true or not, the Barkov goal giving the Cats a 3-2 lead makes it likely that your Florida in 5 prediction will be correct.

4 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Whether true or not, the Barkov goal giving the Cats a 3-2 lead makes it likely that your Florida in 5 prediction will be correct.

It's absolute disgusting that the refs could decide the game. Sickening. 

8 minutes ago, RBGordie said:

It's absolute disgusting that the refs could decide the game. Sickening. 

The refs decide a series every year, I can't remember a year where they haven't in one way or the other. 

16 minutes ago, mommax3 said:

Neither of these teams are getting past the Rangers

Well, first of all, Rangers have to actually finish their series against the Canes.
They are in the driver's seat, sure, but the Canes are still pretty good. Wouldn't surprise me if they made that real interesting.

Second, I STILL don't completely buy the hype of the NY Rangers.
The Atlantic Division, top to bottom, is much tougher, IMO, than the Metro.
I respect the Canes as a good team, and if the Rangers do get by them, it will be an impressive accomplishment for them, but any of Tampa Bay, Toronto, Boston, or Florida would be or have been, a step above anyone the Rangers saw in the Metro outside of Carolina.

I guess the Rangers are gonna have to actually put the W's in the column before I credit them with anything other than, they are playing well.
Not ready to crown NY over Boston or Florida before they even take the ice.

• Good Post 1

Panthers get it done.
Commanding lead on the B's.

Ahh, but that 4th win....always elusive.

Game 5 back in Sunrise, with the Panthers given the opportunity to make the East Finals in front of their home fans.

• Like 1

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to ☣ 2023-24 Round 2, East Semi Finals: (A2) Boston Bruins at (A1) Florida Panthers (FLA Leads 3-1) ㊗
3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, first of all, Rangers have to actually finish their series against the Canes.
They are in the driver's seat, sure, but the Canes are still pretty good. Wouldn't surprise me if they made that real interesting.

Second, I STILL don't completely buy the hype of the NY Rangers.
The Atlantic Division, top to bottom, is much tougher, IMO, than the Metro.
I respect the Canes as a good team, and if the Rangers do get by them, it will be an impressive accomplishment for them, but any of Tampa Bay, Toronto, Boston, or Florida would be or have been, a step above anyone the Rangers saw in the Metro outside of Carolina.

I guess the Rangers are gonna have to actually put the W's in the column before I credit them with anything other than, they are playing well.
Not ready to crown NY over Boston or Florida before they even take the ice.

The cup isn't always won by the best team. I agree with you that the hurricanes are probably the  better team, but, the Rangers are built for the playoffs, a very physical team that can win the game of attrition. 

At least they could have made Bennett bleed! Oh well, the Bruins had 3 SOG in the 3rd so they didn't really deserve to win anyway. They really suck at getting a lot of SOG. It's really a weakness for them. Maybe a new coach will change that.

9 hours ago, Heady said:

Hey Beeeees fans ......don't Bee celebrating too soon .....it's not over yet boys !! Lot of time left in this game....... What will you do if at the end of this game it's 3 games to one 🤔

Should be 2-2.

Bruins blow a 2 goal lead and had momentum.

Kind of hard to win when you don't shoot the puck.

Oh well....

11 hours ago, RBGordie said:

Bennett is a piece of crap who makes Marchand look like a Lady Byng Trophy contender. So why hasn't Maroon or another Bruin taken Bennett's head off? I miss the days of actual enforcers. 

C'mon friend....  

Was it a cheap shot, sure it was, but i'm a long time bruins fan, let's not act like Marchand is a saint.

Play the was he does, sooner or later....

7 hours ago, Tomdog said:

The refs decide a series every year, I can't remember a year where they haven't in one way or the other. 

Or so fans of the losing team says....

Play the game, win the game score....i've alway felt that blaming the refs for a loss is a chicken way out. Win calls, lose calls, that's how it goes.

If anything i blame the bruins for averging less than 5 shots per period.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

3 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Or so fans of the losing team says....

Play the game, win the game score....i've alway felt that blaming the refs for a loss is a chicken way out. Win calls, lose calls, that's how it goes.

If anything i blame the bruins for averging less than 5 shots per period.

Totally agree. In the end it usually evens out. Teams that can withstand adversity the best always come out on top

• Like 1

Bennett sucker punches the Bruins captain and top player out of the series and then gets away with a ******** goal after shoving Coyle into Swayman. How does he sleep at night? I'll tell you - he's a sociopath.

2 minutes ago, RBGordie said:

Bennett sucker punches the Bruins captain and top player out of the series and then gets away with a ******** goal after shoving Coyle into Swayman. How does he sleep at night? I'll tell you - he's a sociopath.

He probably sleeps using the same brand mattress and pillow set Marchand has used all these years! :bigteeth:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2