Shelley

Guest touche22

Im all for shelley dressing next game and dropping Neal weither or not Neal feels like fighting...kind of like Carkner last night against boyle (ott/nyr)

Man, that steams me.

I wish Schenn would have just dropped crosby

• Like 1

Im all for shelley dressing next game and dropping Neal weither or not Neal feels like fighting...kind of like Carkner last night against boyle (ott/nyr)

Man, that steams me.

I think Schenn is my new favorite Flyer. I LOVE that he doesn't back down from Crosby at all.

It looked Schenn really wanted to, but then it looked like Crosby mouthed "Try it, rookie, and Uncle Bettman will sit you for the next two games" and Schenn believed him.

It looked Schenn really wanted to, but then it looked like Crosby mouthed "Try it, rookie, and Uncle Bettman will sit you for the next two games" and Schenn believed him.

Well, yep. Did you see those smirks on Crosby's face all game? He knows he is untouchable. For now.

Next game anything that happens they'll throw people out. They will "try to set a precedent" only once the Flyers are fed up and trying to defend themselves. Not today when the Penguins are playing as dirty as can be due to their frustration.

you realize there were 4 game misconducts handed out today, right? 3 to penguins?

• Like 1

@doom88

neal's hits would get the same look from the league regardless of the designation of his misconduct.

no, the 10 minute won't add up in the same way as a game misconduct would, with the automatic suspension after X number, but i don't see what that matters. the pens are likely playing their last game on wednesday, and then the slate is whipped clean starting next october.

you realize there were 4 game misconducts handed out today, right? 3 to penguins?

Those are called by the refs in the field. Let's just see what the league, as an ultimate authority, will decide when watching the tape...

@Mad Dog

Neal not getting a penalty or misconduct on the hit on Couturier will affect the supplementary discipline.

And that non-penalty was a sheer display of incompetence. The ref should have lost his job - pure and simple. If I make a p[rofesisonal mistake, I am gone next morning. This is no different. And that's a travesty rigfht there.

They take the misconducts and penalties into consideration with it. I've heard Shanahan say as much in his justification of discipline segments

not for nothing, but i've only ever heard him mention anything about calls on the ice is when there was no call but he was suspending the guy anyway. i can't imagine the fact that there was no penalty will factor in at all.

i could be wrong, but someone would have to show me a time he said he thought a suspension was warrented, but because there was no call he wasn't going to hand one out.

And that non-penalty was a sheer display of incompetence.

agreed, completely. the ref had his choice of charge and/or interference. and with the former, 5 minutes would have been appropriate, too.

If JVR is slated to come back, and Rinaldo is the one that he will replace, it makes sense for Rinaldo to just destroy some Penguins.

Say what you will about Neal and Asham and Adams, but the Flyers need to hurt Crosby. He is the one that escalated the tension every time he was on the ice, and it was all out of frustration. Don't go after their 3rd and 4th liners. Make it hurt with Crosby, who is ultimately responsible for the way his teammates play.

Crosby is such a miserable loser, that he can't handle himself when things (and calls) aren't going his way.

He caused a lot of the crap that happened today, and he should deal with the consequences moving forward. Concussion problems or not.

i know were all upset over seeing our star players getting run in a blowout, but we cant stoop to their level and goon it up. physical revenge might hurt them for a couple weeks, but the true revenge is just to bury them in game 4, which hurts for a year at least

i know were all upset over seeing our star players getting run in a blowout, but we cant stoop to their level and goon it up. physical revenge might hurt them for a couple weeks, but the true revenge is just to bury them in game 4, which hurts for a year at least

True revenge is eliminating them on the way to winning the Stanley Cup. I would prefer to exact true revenge upon them.