Game #1

Guest AndyS

@brelic

Schenn played less than 10 min. but didn't seem to be hurt or benched. Just the odd man out I guess

But yeah, those were the lines. The decline in TOI for Schenn appears to be losing his PP spot to JVR (which I think is a mistake)

I agree what your saying about Schenn..its ashame he loses his spot just because JVR comes back from an injury..not sure why Lavy would want to mess with the lines after all the success we had in round 1

but I agree Schenn plays with an edge and toughness that JVR just doesn't bring to the table

I agree. JVR's game for the most part drives me crazy but if he continues to park his keester in Brodeur's face the way he did on that OT goal then he'll get a pass from me.

@Spinorama

@orange_crush

I guess one way to look at JVR getting time at Schenn, or anyone else's expense, is that Lavy is showing the same trust in him as he is other young players. They all get their chance to step up. I'm ok with that.

I'm okay with that as well to a degree. One thing that I'm not the biggest fan of is that he was a non-factor for most of the season, while the young guys stepped up and got the Flyers to where they are without him (both while he in the lineup doing nothing and while he was hurt). Then they get their hard work rewarded by just handing JVR his old spot back instead of forcing him to earn it back. If I'm Schenn, I'd be frustrated. As a Flyers fan though it really doesn't matter, I just want Lavi to put the best players in the best spots at the right time of the game and as long as the Flyers win, I don't care if JVR get 22 minutes a game or only 5.

@Spinorama

@podien25

@orangecrush

i'm not at practice, so this is complete speculation... but perhaps JvR has been working hard there , flying around, he is a very fast skater, maybe Schenn's a little nicked up , he hasn't really been the same player since the asham hit....maybe to the coaches it isn't even a question of who should be getting the minutes based on last weeks practices.

that said i thought JvR was pretty effective with some room to improve, he's plus 3 with a goal and made a great rush just prior to the gwg, what i noticed about him is he went into the "men only " areas of the ice, took a beating but stayed in the the fight, i think that is a good sign.

i'm not at practice, so this is complete speculation... but perhaps JvR has been working hard there , flying around

Are you sure you haven't been at practice?

http://www.hockeybuz...p?blogger_id=45

"It was not a huge surprise that James van Riemsdyk had a monster game in Game 1 yesterday. First of all, he was flying at practice the last few days, looking like he'd finally mended from the broken foot he suffered in early March"

http://www.philly.co.../149435285.html

"The week [off] really provided an opportunity to push him with his conditioning and his pace and his on-ice play. After a good week of practice, we wanted to put him in the position where he could try to be successful and I thought he was."

Edited by JackStraw

@Spinorama

@podien25

@orangecrush

i'm not at practice, so this is complete speculation... but perhaps JvR has been working hard there , flying around, he is a very fast skater, maybe Schenn's a little nicked up , he hasn't really been the same player since the asham hit....maybe to the coaches it isn't even a question of who should be getting the minutes based on last weeks practices.

that said i thought JvR was pretty effective with some room to improve, he's plus 3 with a goal and made a great rush just prior to the gwg, what i noticed about him is he went into the "men only " areas of the ice, took a beating but stayed in the the fight, i think that is a good sign.

yeah, I certainly don't discount that. Lavi has my trust. I'm really glad the Flyers got JVR back for the playoffs actually. A lot of people were speculating (not necessarily here) that he WILL find that gear that seemed to have gone dormant all season once the POs come around. A JVR playing to his potential or at least heading in that direction is all I ask. He's done really well since coming back. He's expected to not only not be a liability but contribute as well and he has.

@Podein25

While the Briere-JVR-Voracek line was probably the best on the ice, I had always hoped that they reunited the JVR-Schenn-Simmonds line. I thought before JVR broke his foot, that line had great energy.

this.

but the voras briere and JvR line looks extra special good too.