THE GOOD NEWS!

Guest OccamsRazor

The way the rest of the team has played, I'm afraid it's going to be too little too late. Mezz fresh back from injury, not up to speed and rusty can't carry this team on his back. They look like they've just decided to stop playing. New Jersey is playing good, but they aren't great. If we were playing the way we did to beat Pittsbrugh, we'd have already won this series. Something broke.

We'll see Mezz next game.....

But it may be to little to late...after blowing a 2-0 lead i don't know what to say about this team.

Maybe that is the problem they aren't a "TEAM".....

We'll see Mezz next game.....

The good news is we haven't lost 4 games yet. Also, we have a lot of good young players. The future is bright for the Flyers. I would just rather lose Bryzgalov and try to find a young goalie to develop. I just don't feel like Bryz is the guy.

But there is a ton of good news. The boys just need to keep fighting and see what happens, but even if this series is over they have a lot to look forward to.

The good news is we haven't lost 4 games yet. Also, we have a lot of good young players. The future is bright for the Flyers. I would just rather lose Bryzgalov and try to find a young goalie to develop. I just don't feel like Bryz is the guy.

But there is a ton of good news. The boys just need to keep fighting and see what happens, but even if this series is over they have a lot to look forward to.

Totally understand.

They hadn't lost 3 in row all season either till this last game.

So i guess 4 in a row is a good thing to shoot for what the hey! :D

Yes the positive is there is a lot of young talent.

Yet there are a lot of ????????s through out the team.

Bryz just baffles me. I just don't think he can handle the pressure cooker known as "Philly press and coverage".

For myself regardless of the outcome JVR needs to be moved if for nothing else i don't see "it" in him.

A change of scenery would do him some good and a piece that "FITS" in his place.

Would rather move him now and let someone else pay him 4.5 mill or whatever.

The Flyers don't have the goaltending to dig out of and 3-1 hole. Bryz though he has at times made some BIG saves.

His play hasn't encouraged the team in front of him like a Holtby or Smiths play has done for their teams.

Will be be Hueted?

I believe he'll get 1 more season.

Maybe they trade Bob (but i can't see how do after his stock has dropped).

Totally understand.

They hadn't lost 3 in row all season either till this last game.

So i guess 4 in a row is a good thing to shoot for what the hey! :D

Yes the positive is there is a lot of young talent.

Yet there are a lot of ????????s through out the team.

Bryz just baffles me. I just don't think he can handle the pressure cooker known as "Philly press and coverage".

For myself regardless of the outcome JVR needs to be moved if for nothing else i don't see "it" in him.

A change of scenery would do him some good and a piece that "FITS" in his place.

Would rather move him now and let someone else pay him 4.5 mill or whatever.

The Flyers don't have the goaltending to dig out of and 3-1 hole. Bryz though he has at times made some BIG saves.

His play hasn't encouraged the team in front of him like a Holtby or Smiths play has done for their teams.

Will be be Hueted?

I believe he'll get 1 more season.

Maybe they trade Bob (but i can't see how do after his stock has dropped).

If you want to get rid of Bryzgalov like I do, he has to go during this offseason. Our only hope of getting rid of him is if the new CBA allows a buyout with no penalty. Nobody is going to want to take his contract after that. I say get rid of Bryz, roll with Bob and hope to develop Hovinen and bring him up in a year or two. Bryz isn't horrid but he's not worth his contract and is too much of a headcase.

If you want to get rid of Bryzgalov like I do, he has to go during this offseason. Our only hope of getting rid of him is if the new CBA allows a buyout with no penalty. Nobody is going to want to take his contract after that. I say get rid of Bryz, roll with Bob and hope to develop Hovinen and bring him up in a year or two. Bryz isn't horrid but he's not worth his contract and is too much of a headcase.

May be someone like Vokoun could be signed cheaply as well. Sign me up getr done........

Edited by OccamsRazor

May be someone like Vokoun could be signed cheaply as well. Sign me up getr done........

Only thing is Bob will rot away if he doesn't start. He's not a backup goaltender and isn't developing not starting a lot of games. I know he needs a lot of work, but I'd probably keep Bob and sign a true backup, like Hedberg or something. Maybe Clemmenson. It might be a slight set back in net but I feel like defense is our big target this offseason, so it can help a little, and maybe Bob will blossom and become pretty legit. In the meantime they Hovinen who I believe is 6'7" and supposed to be a stud developing. He should/will probably play a year or two in the AHL to learn the North American game before coming up, which is what Bobrovsky should have done.

Guys,

They CAN NOT bury Bryz in the minors..he has a NMC..not a no trade..a no movement..so unless he agrees, he ain't going to Adirondack, or Allentown, or wherever the AHL team is next year.

10--I believe Hovinen just had hip surgery..not a good omen for a young goalie.

Good news all around tonight.

Our only hope of getting rid of him is if the new CBA allows a buyout with no penalty.

Bryz will not be bought out after one season. Ed Snider is not going to pay him 41 million dollars to go away. He will get another chance and as much as his play has dismayed me over the year, I actually think he deserves another chance. He has played pretty well this series and was very good in game 4 and overall he has shown flashes of a world class goaltender at times. Imagine if he could channel that on a more regular basis. If we solidify our D in front of him next year and he picks up his play, all the while we keep our forwards in tact (less Jagr unless he is willing to come back at half price for a shot at one last Cup) we could have a scary deep team next year. If I buy out any contract, I think it would be Pronger as his career is most likely over.