Ok Whats Plan B

Guest intheslot

@Mad Dog

Don't be so bummed. We need a good RW. The Doan / Phoenix situation is still up in the air. Doan is a born Flyer, but if the Phoenix thing gets resolved, he will re-sign there. If not, I bet my house he will be a Flyer.

Carle- ok. He will do what he is going to do.

The thing that most are over-looking is Weber. What does he want. It is THIS summer that his truck is backing up, not next. Truthfully, Nashville will sign him- and they have their normal cupboard full full of up and coming defensemen.

So what, lets just play the kids. Truthfully, I don't care. I like the kids allot. If Breezy can get on the Vodka or whatever he needs to play well, then do it.

This will be the year that annoints Homer as very astute or very stupid.

Just remember that Dallas lost their last 5 games of the season to let LA sneek in.

We all piss and moan about the cap management on this team and for once we are in a position to pay- but aren't. Their is a core of studs on this team that are very young. We need a vet or two to help along (a doan would be HUGE). Outside of that, nothing. Let the kids play.

Homer and Carle had a verbal agreement on a deal, price and term (within a range) if the Flyers failed to land Suter. Which they almost certainly have.

My prediction: $25-30M for 5-6 years. Carle will still be a Flyer come tomorrow. Let the wailing begin.

Well Podein you were right that Carle would sign tonight but not with the Flyers, he's going back to the Lightning for reportedly $33 million over 6 years, so I guess he didn't really want to stay in Philly afterall. So I guess the Flyers defensive pairings for this upcoming season will be unless they make a trade.

Timonen-Coburn

Meszaros-Grossmann

Bourdon-Schenn

why then would homer offer suter an obscene amount of money, isn't he in effect bidding against himself ? driving Carle's price up too ?

I wonder again who's running things up in that comcast tower, I think Holmgren gets enormous pressure from Snider to "fix it" ! often times when things aren't broken.

"paul you get me that cup , paul... you're my #1 guy "...

Post of the week. Homer screwed himself when he tendered an offer to a player that publicly made it known he had zero interest of playing in Philly. He tied money up that would have easily signed Carle. Carle gave him a big middle finger back.

I was going to post yesterday that I would have withdrawn both offers as soon as both players took more than a day to "think" about it. You either want to play for us or you don't. You get 24 hours. Nothing more. Leaving those offers on the table for those d i c k heads screwed us (and a number of other teams).

People should not lament what Carle did. Truthfully I would have done the same. The pisser is that Tampa did not get any better today. Carle is not what they need. The Flyers will be sending a big finger back while Carle is on the golf course next spring.

• Like 1

Well when I first saw the name I immediately thought of Ricky Gervais and I was all like wha......

But then I remember there is yet another D man that can barely scratch the line up in Tampa and is no relation to Ricky.

I think we should see where the chips fall and re-assess when we are getting butt-pounded by December.

Really starting to re-think the whole Bryzgalov will have 44+ wins this year.

I think we should see where the chips fall and re-assess when we are getting butt-pounded by December.

As frustrating as this may be, this may be the only Flyers' option that there is. They are stuck. They don't have enough assests right now to trade for someone who can help them significantly. JVR and Bob were the pieces they *could* have used to make a respectable offer and those are gone. The best they can do is add Doan. Other than that, there is pretty much nothing they can do.

• Like 1

Other than that, there is pretty much nothing they can do.

Well, they can always do something, but that something will cost assets that need to be replaced. No Nash, no Ryan, no Weber.

The upside is that we have over 30M in cap space to spend next year! ha ha

P.S.

Both Minnesota and Tampa will not make the playoffs. I am accepting tokens for a wager on either or both and will lay odds to those that are willing to bet.

Well, they can always do something, but that something will cost assets that need to be replaced. No Nash, no Ryan, no Weber.

Exactly.... that's what I meant: no options that can be helpful.

@doom88

Exactly. I am thinking the Garth Snow approach to goaltending may be in order for my prediction to come true.

Even with 44 wins- that is 88 points. Is Leighton going to get us 7 wins?

This is a write-off year. We will have allot of money next year (and still have allot for this year). Sign Voracek and get the role players. No biggie. Hello Schenn's, Simmonds, Read, Voracek, Harry, etc. You boys are going to get to play allot!!

• Like 1

We are frickin' effed"

For the next year, we may be. But again, look at the positives too. And there are many of those.

The Flyers will use the next year to develop Couturier and Schenn brothers to the maximum. The situation with our defense may actually be blessing in disguise also as it will give a chance to Bourdon and Gus to really show their worth and start assuming a larger role on the team. And finally, after this season, we will get a much clearer picture as to what we can *really* expect from Bryz.

And after the next season, barring any significant salaries the Flyers add during the season, they will have tons of cap space to improve the roster *much* better than what they would be able to do this summer.

So as frustarting as the next season can - and probably will - be, it has multiple benefits also.

For the next year, we may be. But again, look at the positives too. And there are many of those.

The Flyers will use the next year to develop Couturier and Schenn brothers to the maximum. The situation with our defense may actually be blessing in disguise also as it will give a chance to Bourdon and Gus to really show their worth and start assuming a larger role on the team. And finally, after this season, we will get a much clearer picture as to what we can *really* expect from Bryz.

And after the next season, barring any significant salaries the Flyers add during the season, they will have tons of cap space to improve the roster *much* better than what they would be able to do this summer.

So as frustarting as the next season can - and probably will - be, it has multiple benefits also.

Sounds like last season. I don't want too many of those in a row, we will sound like Edmonton.

Sounds like last season. I don't want too many of those in a row, we will sound like Edmonton.

Oh believe me, I am not crazy about that either. It really looks like we are making a step backward from the last season. I just think there are some positives with the situation, not just negatives.

What it all comes down to, though, is not even who we failed to sign in this free agency. The bigger picture, at least for me, is how Bryzgalov does the next season. If he has another so-so season, not a single free agent in the world can help this team.

• Like 1

Now that anybody thats good has been signed, Whats left for us ???????

Plan B is wait for the season to get underway and see who begins to tank early, then trade some draft picks and/or Matt Read for a decent winger.