For Anyone Who Thinks Homer is Bad, Read This...

Guest idahophilly

@radoran

Huh...I figured you might have put #10 up there too..... :)

I've been seeing where the space for the jersey is. Not sure it fits...

I've been resisting putting 1974 and 1975 up.

I'm considering "Cook today and eat together forever" for the wall, tho...

Can't we still blame Clarke... ? Besides, I was referring the feud more than anything...

We can Blame Clarke for screwing up the Lindros Situation.

We can blame Clarke for never bothering to protect his (or Farwell's) investment.

We can blame Clarke for allowing Lindros to return to action in the ECF's in 2000, a move that effectively ended our run and his career.

We can blame Clarke for letting the disputes with Carl get so hyperbolic and so public.

Besides the way he handled Lindros (and some other injuries) Clarke's biggest mistakes were overpaying for players just over the hump of their prime.

Homer's learning from that and hopefully he continues to.

I know I shouldn't be too hard on Clarke, he's not a trainer or a doctor... but I think he let his own delusions about how durable he was and how protected he thought he wasn't and how much faster and bigger and more dangerous the game in the 90's was than the game in the 70's... I think he let that cloud his view of what many players (Lindros most notably) should have been able to withstand and play through.

Well....what's a boring ol' summer day without rehashing the ol' Lindros vs Clarke feud huh? If not now, it would have happened during the dog days of Sept when the strike starts.

We minus well get a jump on the whole thing! Why wait when we can have fun now. By October we'll be up to the game 6 Leighton goal from a few years ago...