Fire Bettman Now!

Guest Lunatic

@flyerrod Really? I was under the impression noodl was aziz....show's how much I know, lol, hard to keep track of the name changes sometimes.

I don't think vis is aziz... never really thought about it. @?

The head official of NAHANA is still the Covissioner in his honor, so I miss the guy.

I think I know people that know people. Will check.

@radoran Totally off topic, but have you heard from vis at all? A lot of your post look like they are typed by a lawyer

I do try to be very specific in what I am saying and will do the "ask a question to set up an answer" at times...

But I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on teh teevee.

Ugh ...nobody can say lockout is even a possibility at this point. The union has not given its response yet on what the players want. Fehr is a 50/50 on players and owners share of revenue. It will be right around that in the new cba. Look for the players to come in at 55 percent on their counter offer. If the NHL locks the players out on a few percentage points or a year of ufa or elc. They should fire bettman. Everybody is making money and the small market teams cannot survive without extreme revenue sharing from the bigger teams which puts a drag on them. Time to eliminate these teams and do a draft for teams to get the assets off these closing teams. These small teams cannot survive , period. With any cba they are a drag.

@Jmdodgesrt4 Betteman is to stubborn to contract teams....just can't see it being a possibility. Can't see the NHLPA wanting it either, reduced membership = less money. Even though a blind man can see it's the right thing to do...it just won't happen IMHO.

A few points, the NFL has 60% revenue sharing as opposed to the NHL's current 6%. In the past 7 years, the NHL has increased it's revenue by more than 3.2 million. The system is not broke on the players end....but the NHL's richy rich franchises will not budge. Other leagues share a LOT more. This is an owners problem, they need to fix the way they share revenues...the players have already taken a HUGE hit in the last CBA...this is an owners problem, not the players. Like you said, contraction makes the most sense, but since that won't happen, the league will go after the players salaries to make things right....I expect a LONG lockout....cause the players are in the right here, and I don't see Fehr, in his first contract negotiations caving in and failing his members.

Fehr and fail don't compute. He will not fail them. He is not a media guy so he won't say much to them but in the room he will not bite his tongue. Your right though. Bettman and owners are barking up the wrong tree if they are looking for a repeat of last cba. Fehr will hit them so hard it will make the scene from broke back mountain look like a pre school play.