Pens at Canes 2-28-13

Guest nossagog

First game with Jordan Staal in the opposing lineup. Pretty interesting article about how close it was with Jordan resiging with the Pens last summer.

http://triblive.com/...s#axzz2M7iNoS9u

Hope the Pens can stay out of the box tonight, I hate parades.

Good news on the Malkin front, skated for half an hour of conditioning yesterday without any symptoms. We'll see if he skates again today, if so he could be back when the Pens come home.

Edited by nossagog

@nossagog Behind Crosby and Malkin he was never going to get the chance that he wanted. Throwing in, getting to play with your brother/best friend & for about the same money.. no brainer.

I don't think there was anything Bylsma could have done to give him more minutes (or more important minutes).

@Digityman Sounds like it was alot closer for him than people thought. But I agree, he would have been stimied playing as the third line center for the next 10 years and would have made for an unhappy player.

@flyercanuck Not a chance on Staal getting that, Our Uncle Gary(he likes us Pens fans to call him that) implemented a little talked about clause(talked about only by anti Pens fans) that allows him to personally call done to the on-ice officials during the game to call penalties so as not to allow anyone to embarass "Gary's Kid's". If Staal gets two goals I'm sure that he'll do the right thing and give him a game misconduct for "Abuse of Penguins". :D

@nossagog

Glad to see you're as thick-skinned as our other Pens posters (you have to on a generally biased Flyer board)

Welcome to the club!

No Problem, Flyers Suck I've learned Flyers Suck over the years Flyers Suck how cope with Flyers Suck other peoples Flyers Suck teams that are Flyers Suck different than mine Flyers Suck . I would never Flyers Suck think of provoking Flyers Suck any other fan base Flyers Suck with senseless and childish Flyers Suck nonsense.

Security Audit: No Subliminal messages were found in the above message.

No Problem, Flyers Suck I've learned Flyers Suck over the years Flyers Suck how cope with Flyers Suck other peoples Flyers Suck teams that are Flyers Suck different than mine Flyers Suck . I would never Flyers Suck think of provoking Flyers Suck any other fan base Flyers Suck with senseless and childish Flyers Suck nonsense.

Security Audit: No Subliminal messages were found in the above message.

:D.......... somewhere in that message I could swear I read " nipxur"

• Like 1

There's #1 on E Stall

Clear cut interference when you turn away from the puck so it's twenty feet behind you to check the guy coming down the boards. *rolls eyes*. At least point out legitimate BS calls when they happen.

Pens are down 4-1 because our defense decided not to play tonight. They're super soft around the net, and nobody is picking up the late man in the high slot. The Canes are playing to win. The Pens look like they're playing just because its on the schedule.

Its just laziness by the defense tonight, lazy getting to the puck, lazy fighting for it, lazy clears. Worst game I've seen Bortozzo play so far, part of the last goal was him not protecting or clearing the puck from behind the net. Absolutely no grit being shown by the defense tonight.

#2 on skinner. Total bs haha

Yet no call on Staal when he tripped Martin as he headed for the shooter resulting in goal #4...

Your whining about officiating is funny though because you act like the inconsistencies only favor the Pens. They go both ways as usual. The only two games I've watched where the officiating was fairly lopsided were the Flyers home opener favoring the Flyers... And the last Flyers/Pens game, also favoring the Flyers.

I didn't see any of these help the Pens win calls you speak if last night. Where were our 5 on 3's?! You promised us!! Lol

@B21

@pensuck

Jordan Staal was unimpressive as expected. Eric Staal handed us a beat down. The Penguins didn't come to play. They looked lazy, especially in our own net area, and it was the same thing over and over... d to d pass, then try to break up the middle... so predictable it was stupid. I rarely want to turn off a game before the end, but last night work got busy during the second intermission, and I really didn't mind missing the third.