Bad Goal.

AndyS

Forecheck? Forecheck? What is this "forecheck" of which you speak?

Went out the window when Lavy was forced to change his system this season to (paraphrasing) better protect Bryzgalov.

I'd rather see the young guys go go go, and at least wear out the other team. Plus if they have the puck, the other team doesn't.

This product on ice is not Lavy's system.

Went out the window when Lavy was forced to change his system this season to (paraphrasing) better protect Bryzgalov.

I'd rather see the young guys go go go, and at least wear out the other team. Plus if they have the puck, the other team doesn't.

This product on ice is not Lavy's system.

I'm not sure you want to go with the theory that Lavy made adjustments "to better protect Bryzgalov" given that the same team that lost ignominiously to the Devils in the playoffs last season has lost three games in exactly the same way against the Devils this season.

Lavy also insists that he hasn't changed his system, that it relies on puck control and wearing out the other team.

Unfortunately, they can't control the puck and the other team wears them out like a dishrag.

i'm also surprised by how much this team is missing jagr and his influence.

. . .and Carle.

(And, for the record, I was one of those geniuses who thought overpaying for Carle would have been foolish.)

Pay Carle, and we'd probably still have JvR. Just saying.

I'm not sure you want to go with the theory that Lavy made adjustments "to better protect Bryzgalov" given that the same team that lost ignominiously to the Devils in the playoffs last season has lost three games in exactly the same way against the Devils this season.

Lavy also insists that he hasn't changed his system, that it relies on puck control and wearing out the other team.

Unfortunately, they can't control the puck and the other team wears them out like a dishrag.

Agreed on possession, that's fundamental.

This isn't Lavy's system though. No forechecking, tenacity, or active defenseman.

I'm certain Bryz is grenading the team from within. The team has no confidence, and no chance to sustain momentum.

I'm certain Bryz is grenading the team from within. The team has no confidence, and no chance to sustain momentum.

I know you'd like to give the rest of the team a pass for their inept play.

I don't.

I don't care who your goalie is. If you aren't giving 100% on the ice, you are cheating the organization, your teammates, the fans and yourself.

100%. All game. Every game.

But maybe this generation of entitled millionaire players simply looks for excuses, um, er, reasons to give up and quit.

That's not "Flyer hockey" where I came from.

And if it's Flyer hockey now, I'm done.

I don't.

I don't care who your goalie is. If you aren't giving 100% on the ice, you are cheating the organization, your teammates, the fans and yourself.

But maybe this generation of entitled millionaire players simply looks for excuses, um, er, reasons to give up and quit.

Oh no, no free pass. It's just that goalie is that important.

The season is a combination of ill-timed injuries, roster turnover, no preseason or appreciable training camp, and no time to practice and install the new system. Some of the guys are putting in the effort, but not everyone and that is a huge problem too. For many reasons, I want Briere OUT. Send the team a message and cut the dead weight.

I don't.

You do feed off your goaltender though. I've watched a couple games this week where Calgary and Nashville had no business being even close in each game but Kipper and Rinne both held there teams in long enough for there teams to turn things around. Calgary last night was getting out played badly by Detroit for two periods but Kipper does his thing and holds the fort and Calgary ends up winning a game they had no business winning. Same thing with Rinne and Nashville. They give there team a chance to stay in games. Bryz just doesn't. As far as I'm concerned this all comes down on Homer. This used to be a fairly tough team. Not any longer. The D is soft. I mean really soft. I think Ranger fans are seeing the same thing with their team. They added skill but got really easy to play against. They lost guys like Prust, Rupp, Dubinsky and they aren't that difficult to play against any longer. From the teams I've watched this season the Bruins and the Kings are built for the playoffs the best. At this point the Flyers need to start looking to next year and deal some guys. Especially Briere. And he is tradeable. There is always a team looking to add scoring for the playoffs. He can say that he doesn't want to go anywhere all he wants that's just for the guys in the room. If he's asked I bet he goes.

• Like 1

I'm not absolving the goaltender, nor am I absolving the team in front of him.

Bryz was the mask on this team's deficiencies for the first half of the season. He's exhausted and the team's shortcomings are being more starkly exposed.

Because they've done nothing to address them either as a team, organization or coach.

There is failure here - and there's plenty enough to go around.

Accountability is for everyone. No one gets to say "well, he's not doing his job, so I can slack off at mine"

@doom88 Danny has reverted to his first few years as a Flyer = invisible. There is no excuse for it, they have to address this, the sooner the better....like you said, the time is ripe to send a message. There are a few options, the press box is always there, which should be considered....a few weeks there and a trade to a contender might just look a tad better than picking splinters! F him and his NMC.

• Like 1

yeah he's really been pissing me off this year. You watch him float through his shifts and he's not even using his stick to defend anymore (hence his super-low PIMs total this year). He makes a few attempts every game to make a play from behind the net, which is where he used to be so successful. But it seems when it doesn't result in a goal - most of the time - he just quits trying for the rest of the game.