Lines at practice

brelic

Apparently Knuble and Talbot are off today (maintenance).

Per Carchidi, here are the lines:

24-28-93

12-10-17

19-26-36

37-14-48

Just swap 19 and 37, and you'd have the perfect 4th line of misfits.

I like the idea of Gagne with Schenn and Simmer. Could be interesting if Lavi rolls with that in a game.

All for it. As you said, 19 should be on the 4th line also. Maybe he will be when Talbot is skating.

Briere is a line killer. The only time I remember Briere and 'great line' being in the same sentence was when he, Hartnell, and Leino were en fuego. IIRC, it was really only the playoffs and early the next season. I don't think they were like that an entire season, were they?

I really like the guy, I enjoy watching him in the playoffs, but let's call a spade a spade. Whatever line he's on immediately starts sucking.

• Like 1

Briere is a line killer. The only time I remember Briere and 'great line' being in the same sentence was when he, Hartnell, and Leino were en fuego. IIRC, it was really only the playoffs and early the next season. I don't think they were like that an entire season, were they?

I really like the guy, I enjoy watching him in the playoffs, but let's call a spade a spade. Whatever line he's on immediately starts sucking.

The #1 Center they gave the huge contract and no movement clause to hasn't turned out to be the best spot winger, eh? :ph34r:

• Like 1

The only time I remember Briere and 'great line' being in the same sentence was when he, Hartnell, and Leino were en fuego.

Hmm...let's see..the last time he played Center on a regular basis. The dude isn't a winger...how in the hell the coaching staff can't see that is beyond me.

• Like 1

Hmm...let's see..the last time he played Center on a regular basis. The dude isn't a winger...how in the hell the coaching staff can't see that is beyond me.

I have no idea... It's very strange how they keep him away from center.

Yeah, but he refuses to back check and can't win face offs. Both are important for centers. I'd rather develop Schenn at C #2. Just a matter of more centers than lines to put them on.

• Like 2

Yeah, but he refuses to back check and can't win face offs. Both are important for centers. I'd rather develop Schenn at C #2. Just a matter of more centers than lines to put them on.

So, basically, he's the same guy they signed to the eight-year contract with the no movement clause?
  • Like 1

@doom88 I spefically watched him for the whole Tampa game.....wow, just a disgusting effort. I thought maybe I was mentally exaggerating his level of apathy.....but no, he is dogging it worse than I've ever seen a pro dog it. Pavel Brendl looked like he had dogged determination comared to Danny boy!! It's flat out sickening to watch. How is this possible, how is he *still* in the line up? Lavi should be fired for sticking with him, what kind of a message does this send.....to put him out there night after night knowing you will get a piss poor effort each and every time!!! It's getting embarassing, and I'm getting more upset with each shift he takes.....I may SNAP!!!!!

Almost. He flat out doesn't try anymore though.

I think Briere is the kind of player who might be more affected by any post-lockout animosity towards ownership. He's near the end of his deal. He's going to be paid $5M over the next two seasons. He really has nothing to lose by "busting it" in this situation, and potentially doubly so towards Ed Snider. This is sheer speculation on my part. But if you were the guy essentially being run out of town for "underperforming" while being played out of the position you were signed for, having just been locked out by a major proponent of exactly the types of deals you were signed to (and may have expected to be freed from given the CBA length) - Briere actually has all of the cards. He can determine what "contender" he wants to go to and the only recourse the Flyers have is to relegate him to a situation where he will likely make more over the next two years (and for a contender if we are to be believed) than he would staying here sorting out this mess OR they give him money and THEN he can get the same kind of "discounted" deal. Briere is clearly a $4M player in this league, and 8 is still more than 5, especially if you're being dealt from a moribund franchise headed towards the lottery as opposed to a contender who can re-up you at a rental "hometown discount." I'd say "Heckuva job, Homer" - but this was potentially (Bryzgalov, Pronger, etc.) the "plan" the entire time.

I was thinking about the "pouting because he's not playing the position he wants to" angle myself. It's certainly possibly, and incredibly selfish. Also, he already has most of his money, why would he care about the salary reduction as much...

I've never really been a fan of his.

I was thinking about the "pouting because he's not playing the position he wants to" angle myself. It's certainly possibly, and incredibly selfish. Also, he already has most of his money, why would he care about the salary reduction as much...

It's not so much "the position he wants to" as much as the position The Flyers signed him to an eight-year contract to play. Which, to me, indicates the position that he, as a hockey player, is most suited to. Is it really a shock that the #1 C they signed to an eight-year, NMC deal isn't working out as a spot winger shoved into whatever situation? Not to me it's not. It's the Flyers who, having signed their "must have #1 C" (which was absolutely essential for them and they couldn't have gone on as a franchise without or so, you know, we were told) then drafted another #1 C (or tried to shoehorn Richards into the #1 C role) and then drafted a winger that they converted to #1 C, all the while having their "absolutely must have #1 C" still under contract. That's not a bug in their plan. That was the "plan."